Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting POSIX way of getting columns in tty? Post 302275826 by otheus on Monday 12th of January 2009 09:22:46 AM
Old 01-12-2009
I'm going to keep it simple: I'll use the COLUMNS variable. Is there any environment or shell where this will not work? Should I call resize beforehand (just in case)?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill the tty

Hello Experts i'm having some trouble with a script. the purpose is to kill all processes from a distinct tty in a HP-UX machine, given the User TTY. it's to use like this: killtty pts/tnb pts/tr pts/tD here it is #!/usr/bin/ksh i=1 for i do || exit kill -9 `ps -ft "${i}" |... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tty problem

Dear all, when I do a remote shell command from a FUJITSU Unix to an HP-UX, I always get this: 15:36:35 + rsh -l storto obs2 sh /users/obs/storto/MESO-NH/tmp_olive_map_00CC/job_prepex_70JY_C00CC_20041103_19 Not a terminal stty: : Erreur inconnue stty: : Erreur inconnue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stortignauz
0 Replies

3. AIX

tty

Hi All can anyone tell me what is the meaning of tty,or give me an example of this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

4. AIX

Tty Over Run

dears i have two IBM p630 application servers, they are running hacmp 5.2 as the clustering software. from the output of errpt on one of the nodes i am receiving the following error: 9D30B78E 0530020007 T S tty1 RECEIVER OVER-RUN ON INPUT please are there any ideas about how... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheEngineer
0 Replies

5. Programming

Posix

HI, When i am configuring php in SUN Solaris. I am getting the below error. configure: error: Your system seems to lack POSIX threads. Do i need to install POSIX? If so can somebody let me know where can i download POSIX for Solaris 8? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
2 Replies

6. Solaris

tty hack

hi all, what i want to do when user open terminal like tty5 and do his work i want to see his terminal how can i do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tty changes?

I am not sure if I am using the correct terminology but somehow my tty keeps changing on me. The man pages are confusing to me on what exactly the tty is. This is what I see when I run the tty command. Could anyone explain why my tty keeps changing? ~ $ tty /dev/pts/1 ~ $ tty /dev/pts/0 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

8. Ubuntu

How to get columns TIME and TTY of commands ps -A?

Hi, Commands ps -A include four parameters are PID, TTY, TIME and CMD. I can not found pathnames of TTY and TIME which I can read from file in C language to get information display on screen. Thank you! Ex: PID TTY TIME CMD 1 ? 00:00:01 init (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_member
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python: Redirecting to tty and reading from tty

In bash, you can do something like this: #!/bin/bash echo -n "What is your name? " > /dev/tty read thename < /dev/tty How can I do the same in python? I have a python script that has the following content: #!/usr/bin/python2.7 import getpass import sys import telnetlib import... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)