Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris BigAdmin RSS Determining the Cause of Unusual Disk Latency Post 302275805 by Linux Bot on Monday 12th of January 2009 08:30:03 AM
Old 01-12-2009
Determining the Cause of Unusual Disk Latency

This blog by Sun engineer Brendan Gregg shows how he discovered the bizarre cause of unusually high disk I/O latency during a streaming write test.

More...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

very unusual question about while

is there anyway to make while run a command faster than per second? timed=60 while do command sleep 1 done i need something that can run a script for me more than one time in one second. can someone help me out here? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unusual Problem

what is wrong with the below script: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/bash echo "Setting JrePath..." grep -w "export JrePath" /etc/profile Export_Status=$? if echo "JrePath declared" elif echo "JrePath not declared" echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Unusual Behavior?

Our comp-operator has come across a peculiar ‘feature'. We have this directory where we save all the reports that were generated for a particular department for only one calendar year. Currently there are 45,869 files. When the operator tried to backup that drive it started to print a flie-listing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vslewis
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining typing latency

Hi all, When I use an editor (vi) that is spawned in a remote server, visually I could see the latency between typing a character/word and being displayed on the terminal. I could see this visually but how do I get a metric on this or how to quantify this? As expected, when I type in a editor... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
6 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

iptables latency evaluation

Hello guys, I'm actually working on my master thesis which has for subject the evaluation of virtual firewall in a cloud environment. To do so, I installed my own cloud using OpenNebula (as a frontend) and Xen (as a Node) on two different machines. The Xen machine is my virtual firewall thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slaughterman
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determining Disk Speed

Hi, I went to a computer store and the salesman sold me a SATA cable and told me that all SATA cables are the same. Another salesman at a different store told me a cable rated for SATA 2, which I bought, MIGHT work as well as one rate for SATA 3 but it is not guaranteed. I decided to run a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

7. AIX

Latency Test

Hi every one, we have a set up in solaris 8 and 9 and running many cshell scripts.. we are migrate to AIX . Now, i want to know the latency difference between two boxes(Solaris and AIX). Kindly help me to , how to do Latency test.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhu Siddula
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Latency Test

Hi every one, we have a set up in solaris 8 and 9 and running many cshell scripts.. we are migrate to AIX . Now, i want to know the latency difference between two boxes(Solaris and AIX). Kindly help me to , how to do Latency test.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhu Siddula
2 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)