Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl: Better way to match string within a string Post 302275659 by Juha on Sunday 11th of January 2009 09:09:30 PM
Old 01-11-2009
Late thanks for your replies guys Smilie works fine!

//Juha

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Find one string, change another string.

Hi, In principle I am searching for a Perl equivalent for this sed command: sed "/TIM_AM_ARGS=/ s/60/1440/" $EDIT_FILE > $TEMP_FILE cp $TEMP_FILE $EDIT_FILE I was wondering if it needs to be like this, or that there other, shorter, alternatives: open (TIMENVFILE, "<$timenvfile") or die... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern match url in string / PERL

Am trying to remove urls from text strings in PERL. I have the following but it does not seem to work: $remarks =~ s/www\.\s+\.com//gi; In English, I want to look for www. then I want to delete the www. and everything after it until I hit a space (but not including the space). It's not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrealty
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl get partial string of a string

Hi All, I have: $d = "12.02222222222"; $d =~ s/(.*).(.*)/$1/e; The output should be just 12. Please guide me my expression wrong. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

exact string match ; search and print match

I am trying to match a pattern exactly in a shell script. I have tried two methods awk '/\<mpath${CURR_MP}\>/{print $1 $2}' multipath perl -ne '/\bmpath${CURR_MP}\b/ and print' /var/tmp/multipath Both these methods require that I use the escape character. I am guessing that is why... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match hex value in string (Perl)

I am trying to match a character return from a website so that I can replace it. It is the '...' character (didnt even know it existed initially). The character apparently has the hex value of 2026, but in the script, attempting to substitute regular 3 periods is not working. What am I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guyverix
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : how to match non-empty string that has no spaces

Hi Everyone, I am looking for neat way to grep a non-empty string that basically contains a hostname, which might be in FWDN form or without the domain, for example: hostname.internal.domainname.net The file I am parsing contains blan lines (^$) and also series of "-" which in other places... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: togr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regex string match issue..kindly help

i have a script in which i need to skip comments, and i am able to achieve it partially... IN text file: {**************************** {test : test...test } Script: while (<$fh>) { push ( @data, $_); } if ( $data =~ m/(^{\*+$)/ ){ } With the above match i am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: avskrm
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : match the string and string with the quotes :

Hi all, Here is the data file: - want to match only lan3 in the output . - not lan3:1 file : OPERATING_SYSTEM=HP-UX LOOPBACK_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1 INTERFACE_NAME="lan3" IP_ADDRESS="10.53.52.241" SUBNET_MASK="255.255.255.192" BROADCAST_ADDRESS="" INTERFACE_STATE=""... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String match, with perl command

cat clinvar_00-latest.vcf | perl -aF/\\t/ -lne '/CLNSRCID=(\d+)/ and print join("\t",@F,$1)' > OMIM.txt The above code finds the text CLNSRCID=, but only outputs those records in which there is a numerical value only. For example, the first match is CLNSRCID=103320.0001 in line 4 of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove not only the duplicate string but also the keyword of the string in Perl

Hi Perl users, I have another problem with text processing in Perl. I have a file below: Linux Unix Linux Windows SUN MACOS SUN SUN HP-AUX I want the result below: Unix Windows SUN MACOS HP-AUX so the duplicate string will be removed and also the keyword of the string on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: askari
2 Replies
ZAWAY(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZAWAY(1)

NAME
zaway - tell other people via Zephyr that you aren't around SYNOPSIS
zaway [ OPTIONS ] [ FILE ] DESCRIPTION
zaway provides a way for you to automatically send replies when other people contact you using zwrite(1). zaway subscribes itself to class "MESSAGE", instance "*", so that it can monitor your incoming messages. It does not affect the operation of any other client receiving messages. zaway is typically run when you are leaving your terminal or display temporarily. zaway usually never exits; when you return to your terminal you should type the interrupt character (usually ^C) in order to make zaway exit. OPTIONS -m STRING Use STRING as the body of the auto-reply message. Any message file (specified on the command line or the default) is ignored. -w Watch the invoking user's location status. If the user is locatable anywhere, no auto-replies will be sent. -h Displays a short usage message and exits. zaway uses a message file (which defaults to $HOME/.away) to describe what reponses should be sent to which senders. The general format of this file is: >name >name message >name message Any number of user names may be specified preceding the message to send to those senders. If a user name appears more than once, the mes- sage will be a concatenation of each of the appropriate messages. There are two special names: "*" indicates that the following message should be sent to all senders and "%" indicates that the following message should only be sent if the user name has not matched yet. If no file is specified, and no default file can be found, the following message is returned: I'm sorry, but I am currently away from the terminal and am not able to receive your message. If a user name does not match any of those listed in the file, and no "*" or "%" field is specified, no return message is sent. All mes- sages are preceded by a signature "Automated reply:". To avoid loops, messages are not sent in response to messages beginning with an "Automated reply:" signature or sent by the same Kerberos principal as the user running zaway. SAMPLE FILE
>eichin >tony Hi there guys! I'm in the other room right now. I'll be back in 5 minutes or so. >jruser Sorry, but I'm gone for the day... >% Hello...I'm not sure who you are. I'll be back soon, though. >* This message comes to you compliments of zaway! The final "compliments" message will be included in all messages, whereas the "I'm not sure" message will only be included in messages that are not from "eichin", "tony", or "jruser". FILES
$HOME/.away SEE ALSO
zephyr(1), zwgc(1), zwrite(1), zhm(8), zephyrd(8) Project Athena Technical Plan Section E.4.1, `Zephyr Notification Service' AUTHOR
Robert S. French (MIT-Project Athena) RESTRICTIONS
Copyright (c) 1987,1988 by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. All Rights Reserved. zephyr(1) specifies the terms and conditions for redistribution. MIT Project Athena July 1, 1988 ZAWAY(1)