Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) I'm new and I am trying to get started with OS-X Post 302275485 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 10th of January 2009 04:45:28 PM
Old 01-10-2009
Most OS-X apps that have the "desired" OS-X look and feel are developed in Cocoa.
The tools used there are Objective-C and Xcode.

I would start by getting your feet wet with something useful but not as in-depth as Cocoa.

Dave Taylor 'Learning UNIX for OS-X Mac' - this one is for Tiger. There are others for later releases of OS-X. This introduces you to console and bash programming

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting started scripting

Hey, I'd like to look into building some scripts to do some very basic server maintenance; however, I don't know exactly where to start. Are there any scripting tutorials, websites, or books that anyone would recommend? Thanks! Cort (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cortney
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Just getting started

Can anyone tell me what the command Banner means or does Gibby9 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gibby9
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I get started.

I am new to all this UNIX thing and have a system with the following specs: Pentium 1.7 GHz 128MB RAM 20 GB HDD Windows ME My questions are: Can install and run UNIX in such a system? Do I have to stop using Windows? Is there a safe way to get the necessary software online? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayalai
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i get unix started

i am a total newbie...and want to learn unix....firstly...how do i get unix....if it is available on the internet then where is it?...and how do i get this to work then.....plz plz help asap...really desperate now thanx in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitanyamanot
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help getting started

Dear all, I just found out that my company is thinking of installing a unix server and is considering either sun or ibm. The thing is that i want to learn these two systems before they take a decision and maybe it will be a big career booster. The problem is that i don't know anything about... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: patslaiby
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help getting started!!!!

Hi im a 15 year old, interested in beggining things like this...my main inpiration came from this article...How To Become A Hacker according to this my first language shouold be python...but i have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE about where to dowload/learn it...is there anything else i should do along... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SonOfSparta
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Getting started with Solaris

Hey everyone, I'm wanting to get started with learning about Unix and I'm hoping that I'm in the correct place. The kind of things that I'm aiming to learn about are general Unix operation, the benefits provided by the Solaris platform in different areas, and really just getting a grip of this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Starky
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob not started??!!

Hi Guys,, I have cron entry at yesterday at 3 am. That particular script did not ran. (am saying this as i checked the log files for the script). The script after this at 4 30 pm and 6 00 pm ran successfully. When i scheduled the same script for today it ran successfully ( i did not made any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting started

hi world, I am trying to learn how to program in c, I've gotten a few books and have been reading them, one even came with bloodshed dev-c compiler, it is not working, every time I build the hello world program it always comes back saying " G__~1.EXE: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsayres
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting Started

Hello guys and dolls, first post happening here... Wanting to know where to start with Unix. Which Unix option/package is best for an absolute beginner and has a well documented, easy to grasp user guide(s). I have dabbled in some programming (basic PHP) and I have an old desktop pc which I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheUltimateNoob
6 Replies
GCAL(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GCAL(1)

NAME
Gcal - a program for calculating and printing calendars. SYNOPSIS
gcal [[Option...] [%Date] [@File...]] [Command] DESCRIPTION
Gcal is a program similar the standard calendar programs BSD-`cal' and `calendar'. Gcal displays hybrid and proleptic Julian and Gregorian calendar sheets, respectively, for one month, three months or a whole year. It also displays eternal holiday lists for many countries around the globe, and features a very powerful creation of fixed date lists that can be used for reminding purposes. Gcal can calculate various astronomical data and times of the Sun and the Moon for at pleasure any loca- tion, precisely enough for most civil purposes. Gcal supports some other calendar systems, for example the Chinese and Japanese calendar, the Hebrew calendar and the civil Islamic calendar, too. If Gcal is started without any options or commands, a calendar of the current month is displayed. If the calendar of a definite year is wanted, the year must be fully specified, e.g.: gcal 94 displays a year calendar of the year 94, not of the year 1994. If two arguments are given in the command part, the first argument denotes the month and the second argument denotes the year. In case any illegal commands are given running Gcal , the program will use internal defaults. MORE PROGRAM INFORMATION
You obtain more program information if you start Gcal as follows: gcal -h gcal -? gcal --help respectively, gcal -hh gcal -?? gcal --long-help[=ARG]|[=?] gcal --usage[=ARG]|[=?] A Hypertext file gcal.info containing detailed online information should be available, which you can inspect using your GNU Infobrowser. COPYRIGHT
Gcal Copyright (c) 1994, 95, 96, 1997, 2000 Thomas Esken This software doesn't claim completeness, correctness or usability. On principle I will not be liable for any damages or losses (implicit or explicit), which result from using or handling my software. If you use this software, you agree without any exception to this agree- ment, which binds you LEGALLY !! Gcal is free software and distributed under the terms of the `GNU General Public License'; published by the `Free Software Foundation'; version 2 or (at your option) any later version. Any suggestions, improvements, extensions, bug reports, donations, proposals for contract work, and so forth are welcome! If you like this tool, I'd appreciate a postcard from you! Enjoy it =8^) AUTHOR
------------------------oOO \\_''/ OOo--------------------------- Thomas Esken O (/o-o) O eMail: esken@gmx.net Im Hagenfeld 84 (( ^ )) Phone: +49 251 232585 D-48147 Muenster; Germany \____) ~ (____/ MotD : 2old2live, 2young2die SEE ALSO
tcal(1), txt2gcal(1), gcal2txt(1), cal(1), calendar(1). June 14, 2000 GCAL(1)