Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris disk error
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris disk error Post 302275393 by incredible on Saturday 10th of January 2009 04:45:56 AM
Old 01-10-2009
firstly check all your mount points with df -k and try accessing them. Check format output and iostat -En and see if there are any hard errors on the disk. "Device is gone" not necessarily be an internal disk.We need more outputs to verify.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Disk Mirror in Solaris 9 via Solaris Volume Manager

Hello, I am trying to do mirror in solaris 9. I have total 0-7 disks 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 Drive 0 and Drive 4 = Boot Drives Need to Mirror following drives. Drive 1 and Drive 5 = Need to mirror Drive 1 was mounted on: /prod1, /prod2, /prod3, /prod4, /prod5. Then i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
3 Replies

2. Solaris

how to replace disk in solaris 10?

solaris os run on X86. bootdisk have been mirrored.but there is one disk miss,I want to replace the fail disk,but after I replace the disk,the system can't boot! pls help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netxjman
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Error after installing 2nd hard disk on Solaris 10?

I installed Solaris 10 on this Dell 5150 with only 1 SATA hard drive setup, all went well, and I could view the disk in the disk management window. However, I setup a 2nd hard drive, identical to 1st drive. Solaris wont recognize it and gives an error when trying to view disks in disk management... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joncamp
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Disk Monitoring?

Hi Guys, I'm looking for a way to monitor disk health/status for a Solaris 5.8 sparc machine. I'm looking for something similar to LSIutility or MegaCLI. Any suggestions? Output of `modinfo`: 30 102616fb 10be8 118 1 ssd (SCSI SSA/FCAL Disk Driver 1.151) 122 7821c000 18550 32 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tank126
2 Replies

5. Solaris

root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10

Need a procedure document to do "root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10". I hope some one will help me asap. I need to do it production environment. Let me know if you need any deatils on this. Thanks, Rama (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 installation issue Error 25: Disk cannot be read - Solved

Hi all, I guess most of you have seen this error message while installing Solaris 10 on an x86 platform. I got the error message while installing from DVD ISO on my home VMWare ESXi server. It took me a long time to figure the exact issue and a subsequent solution. the solution is very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% / ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% /... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Howto solve this disk error in Solaris in single user mode

Hi all, OS is Solaros 10 Sparc While doing Netbackup upgradation to 7.5 , the server was asked to reboot. But then it came up in single user mode, and after I typed format command it showed some disk error. bash-3.00# format Searching for disks...WARNING:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 8 disk error

Hello, We are running solaris 8 and there is a disk having problem with consistency The following devices (soft partitions from NetApp are inconsistent, unable to be repaired with fsck and need to be restored: root@server1 # df -k Filesystem kbytes used ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
iostat(1)						      General Commands Manual							 iostat(1)

NAME
iostat - Reports I/O statistics SYNOPSIS
iostat [drive...] [interval] [count] OPERANDS
Forces iostat to display specific drives. If drive is not specified (or the specified drive does not exist on the system or cluster, iostat displays the first two drives (even if more than two disk drives are configured in the system). Causes iostat to report once each interval seconds. The first report is for all time since the system was last booted, and each subsequent report is for the last interval only.The value must not be 0. Specifies the number of reports. For example, iostat 1 10 would produce 10 reports at 1-second intervals. You cannot specify count without interval because the first numeric argument to iostat is assumed to be interval. DESCRIPTION
The iostat command reports the following information: For terminals (collectively), the number of characters read and written per second. For each disk, the number of transfers per second and bytes transferred per second (in kilobytes). For the system, the percentage of time the system has spent in user mode, in user mode running low priority (nice) processes, in system mode, and idling. To compute this information, iostat counts data transfer completions, the number of words transferred for each disk, and the collective number of input and output characters for terminals. Also, each sixtieth of a second, iostat examines the state of each disk and makes a tally if the disk is active. When you issue an iostat command on a cluster member, it displays statistics only for those disks that are local to the member and that member's usage of those shared disks that it has mounted. It displays 0 for other disks in the cluster (those it doesn't have mounted), regardless of whether they are on the shared bus or are local to some other member. EXAMPLES
The output from this example displays cpu, terminal, and disk statistics for the first two disks on the system providing 5 reports at 1 second intervals: # iostat 1 5 tty floppy1 dsk9 cpu tin tout bps tps bps tps us ni sy id 0 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 4 95 4 58 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 97 1 53 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 98 5 59 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 98 6 60 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 97 The second example specifies device names in the command: # iostat dsk2 dsk3 cdrom2 tty dsk2 cdrom2 dsk3 cpu tin tout bps tps bps tps bps tps us ni sy id 0 13 11 5 5 2 2427 1213 0 1 1 98 SEE ALSO
Commands:vmstat(1) iostat(1)