Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: paste in x11 xterm
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) paste in x11 xterm Post 302275340 by tau on Saturday 10th of January 2009 12:28:29 AM
Old 01-10-2009
paste in x11 xterm

Hi,

I have MBP (Macbook Pro) and when launching X11 xterm I noticed the paste button is greyed out and so you can't paste. Is there any alternative to paste in X11? I know you could use three button mouse to highlight then paste by clicking wheel button. But is there keyboard combination that will produce paste function? I know on some keyboards shift+insert does the paste function but there is no insert key on MBP.

Thanks,
Tom

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X11 and its problems.....

I was running X11 through Terminal by "xinit" and I got the error: XFree86 Version 4.3.0 / X Window System (protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6600) _XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnerd
4 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

x11

Tried to install x11 on my powerbook with tiger (apple support can't help me) I want x11 so I can install open office I don't know anything about mac ' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Josiah Olson
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

4. Solaris

X11 Display

Hi all, How to setup X11 on Solaris? ~Vinodh' Kumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xterm configuration : how to copy/paste in the CLIPBOARD

Hi, I can paste what is in the CLIPBOARD but I can't get xterm copy. and in fact I think I'm not able to select well with the cursor (I don't want to use the mouse)... here is my ~/.Xresources file : XTerm*highlightSelection: true XTerm*VT100.translations: #override \n\ None ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X11 privileges

Hi What privileges I need to install X11? Or, in other words, can I install X11 without root privileges? The only user that installed X11 will use it. If it depends on OS version, here is the list of operating systems: Linux Red Hat Enterprise AS/ES 4.0/4.5/5 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lleontiev
1 Replies

7. Solaris

libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0

I have the lib libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 in /usr/local/lib, but I still get an error as below, please help. ld.so.1: firefox-bin: fatal: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: keekee
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris11.4 - no X11

After some problems, I have installed Solaris 11.4. The warnings saidWARNING: /pci@0,0/..... (xhci1): Connecting device on port 5 failed WARNING: /pci@0,0/..... (xhci1): Connecting device on port 6 failed Preparing image for use Unable to mount media Requesting System Maintenance Mode (See... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
4 Replies
PASTE(1)								FSF								  PASTE(1)

NAME
paste - merge lines of files SYNOPSIS
paste [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Write lines consisting of the sequentially corresponding lines from each FILE, separated by TABs, to standard output. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -d, --delimiters=LIST reuse characters from LIST instead of TABs -s, --serial paste one file at a time instead of in parallel --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by David M. Ihnat and David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for paste is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and paste programs are properly installed at your site, the command info paste should give you access to the complete manual. paste (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 PASTE(1)