Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Makefile autogenerated by shell script for a given .c code file Post 302275275 by darius2 on Friday 9th of January 2009 03:34:52 PM
Old 01-09-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
Have you looked at GNU autotools? GNU build system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hi,
spent another day with Makefile and Gnuplot, shell scripting, larning gnuplot to read a script, to read output from shell script , to read data file and more.

One example I follow now
compiling basic .c code examples from the net is:

gcc helloworld.c -o helloworld

It doesn't work for another example .c code program from the net

[admin@oo helloworld]$ gcc squares.c -o squares
squares.c: In function 'main':
squares.c:8: error: expected expression before '=' token
[admin@oo helloworld]$

---------
squares.c code is
what is wrong ?
--------------
#include <stdio.h>
main() {
double x;
FILE *datafile;

datafile = fopen("squares.dat","w");

for(x = 0.0; x < = 4.0; x += 1.0)
fprintf(datafile, "%4.1f %4.1f\n", x, x * x);

fclose(datafile);
}

This program should create data file to be read by gnuplot.

source
Introductory Graphing
Here is a C program to create this file.

(see above)

Darius

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

embeding shell script in makefile

Hi I am new to shell scripting and makefile. I want a command's output in makefile to process further, can anyone plz suggest me a way ? I want ls -d *.dsm output in a variable and want to process it in makefile itself. It's urgent Thanks In advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu12345
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script in makefile

Hi, Can we execute a shell script by makefile. I mean we will write a shell script in a make file and it will be executed when we compile the C++ program using make file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjyap
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script makefile

Is there a way to write a makefile for all the source files in a directory with a shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzhan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

turn on shell tracing of a makefile

hey, within a shell script file I know how to turn on tracing using "-x" #!/bin/bash -x now I have a complicated makefile which contains lots of `command`, and i would like to trace these `command`, where shall i put the option "-x"? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patiobarbecue
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture makefile errors in shell script

Hi, I have a bash script which calls a few "make". I would like to know whether the makefile failed with any errors. How do I do that in the script? Thanks, S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryaemlinux
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call makefile from shell script

I'm writing a VERY simple shell script. I need to call a makefile in a subdirectory. What's the command I need to use? ./dir/make and ./dir/makefile doesn't work. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamahabob
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a shell script through Makefile

I want to run a target defined in a shell script. The shell script name is 'ua.sc' and the target in it is 'N' i.e. (ua N) throught a makefile. How can i do it so that i can run it with a make target. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

using a Shell Script in a Makefile

Hello, I have a Makefile that converts wrl (vrml) files to html files... how can I use a shell script in that makefile which works on all html files after converting? The Shell Script have to find and replace a String in every createt html file. sorry I'm a Newbie, so I hope someone can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dan_78
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML code upload text file grep through shell script

I am looking for HTML code that browse text file and grep with database file then retrieve result txtfileuploaded contain 112233 115599 113366 shell code grep -F -f txtfileuploaded /data/database.txt result 112233 Mar 41$ 115599 Nov 44$ 113366 Oct 33$ attached... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpshell
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Comment code blocks in a bash source file

Just began to learn on Shell Script. I got an exercise from my friend. I know how to make this happen in C, but I'm not familiar with Shell Script. Hope I can get some help from all of you. I want to write a bash script to comment code blocks in a bash source file. What I mean comment is '#', I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HiFuture0801
1 Replies
PPTEMPLATE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     PPTEMPLATE(1)

NAME
pptemplate - script to generate Makefile.PL and PP file skeleton SYNOPSIS
# generate Makefile.PL and mymodule.pd in CWD pptemplate PDL::MyModule; DESCRIPTION
The pptemplate script is the easiest way to start a new module for PDL that contains PP code (see also PDL::PP). The usage is simply pptemplate modulename; As a result pptemplate will generate a perl Makefile for the new module (Makefile.PL) that contains the minimal structure to generate a module from PP code and also a skeleton file for your new module. The file will be called mymod.pd if you called "pptemplate" as pptemplate PDL::CleverAlgs::Mymod; I suppose you can work out the naming rule ";)". If not resort to experimentation or the source code. "pptemplate" will refuse to overwrite existing files of the same name to avoid accidents. Move them out of the way if you really want to scrap them. Options Currently there is only the "-i" option which switches "pptemplate" into the so called internal mode. It should only be used when you are starting a new module within the main PDL tree that is supposed to be part of the PDL distribution and the normal PDL build process, e.g. cd PDL/IO; mkdir Mpthree; cd Mpthree; pptemplate -i PDL::IO::Mpthree; BUGS
Maybe ";)". Feedback and bug reports are welcome. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2001, Christian Soeller. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as PDL itself (see http://pdl.perl.org). perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 PPTEMPLATE(1)