Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Statistics Aix
Operating Systems AIX Statistics Aix Post 302275257 by Dingle on Friday 9th of January 2009 02:48:01 PM
Old 01-09-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyser
I have a script that gets the statistics for a list of AIX servers, and then put the data into an HTML report, the data is collected every 10 minutes or so. Does it work for you?

Regards
Dreyser,

How can I get a copy of your script....it looks like just what I need :-)

Dingle

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

system statistics

i am currently using c functions such as getprocs and statsfs to obtain process information and filesystem information on machines running aix 4.3.3.0. (soon to be running aix5.1) is there a function available to access information similar to the information provided by a vmstat command? i also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: briansmith40
1 Replies

2. Programming

Server Statistics ?

I'm trying to write a C program to view server statistics such as: - server general information - CPU usage - memory usage - running processes Cany anybody gives me hints on those system calls ?? ps: I'm using Tru64 unix (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agent007
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Analyze Statistics

I have a file which contains records in the format of 2006-08-25 12:06:13|ABC|93 2006-08-25 12:45:55|ABC|203 2006-08-25 01:48:19|DEF|156 2006-08-25 01:49:09|ABC|12798 2006-08-25 02:49:59|GHL|4109 2006-08-25 03:50:50|DEF|234 where the format is "arrive time"|"message type"|"processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file statistics??

Is there any command in Unix (HP-UX) which will give me the file statistics .. e.g I have a file called r001 if I created that file on 2nd of aug 2005 and till now I changed that file contents 10 times. So how will I get the history statistic(time & date) of file modification. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
1 Replies

5. Solaris

how to get server statistics

Hello What commands can give following type of information about the server: Time: 20080331.12:10:39 Current CPU: 97.0% Current Memory: 3.7% Current Disk Space: 76% The resources on server is currently not available. Current CPU, Memory, or Disk Space is exceeding threshold Waiting for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shalua
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

statistics using awk

Hi, I have 3 columns in a file listed below. X Y X/(X+Y) 1 1 0.5 1 1 0.5 4 1 0.8 1 1 0.5 6 1 0.857142857 1 1 0.5 23 1 0.958333333 Now I want to find confidence interval using the formula for each row. (p-2 sqrt p(1-p)/(x+y), p+2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Anyone help to interpretate os statistics

Hi, Can anyone help me to explain following statistics of my unix box. /usr/sbin/swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/dsk/c4 118,771 16 33560432 33319776 /dev/dsk/c4 118,763 16 33560432 33327184 /usr/sbin/swap -s total: 13429368k bytes allocated + 9830880k reserved =... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: giteshtrivedi
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any way to get process statistics?

Hi, Can someone advise what "generic" command can I use to show statistics of a process or a running script/process? For example, I want to know how many hours/minutes it's taken to run or has been running, how much CPU it used and how much memory it used or uses. I want to be able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies
FAXCRON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							FAXCRON(8)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date (1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/status/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8), faxq(8), faxgetty(8), faxsend(8), xferfaxstats(8), recvstats(8), hylafax-server(5) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8)