Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Gnuplot shell script controlled animation Post 302275238 by darius2 on Friday 9th of January 2009 01:36:05 PM
Old 01-09-2009
follow-up

=======
as you can see from the referenced materials,
clear should clear a window or a screen
Unfortunately.
What I get using clear is still a tape with plotted frames

Darius

the issue is plot, screen clear and multiplot
Info: (gnuplot) clear

Info: (gnuplot) multiplot
Introductory Graphing

(gnuplot) multiplot

2.19.37 multiplot
-----------------

The command multiplot places `gnuplot` in the multiplot mode,
in which several plots are placed on the same page, window, or screen.

Syntax:
set multiplot
unset multiplot

For some terminals, no plot is displayed until the command
multiplot
is given, which causes the entire page to be drawn and then
returns `gnuplot` to its normal single-plot mode. For other terminals,
each separate `plot` command produces a plot, but the screen may not be
cleared between plots.

(gnuplot) clear

2.3 clear
=========

The clear command erases the current screen or output device as
specified by output. This usually generates a formfeed on
hardcopy devices. Use Image terminal to set the device type.

For some terminals Image clear erases only the portion of the
plotting surface defined by Image size, so for these it can be used
in conjunction with Image multiplot to create an inset.

Example:
set multiplot
plot sin(x)
set origin 0.5,0.5
set size 0.4,0.4
clear
plot cos(x)
unset multiplot

Please see Image multiplot, Image size, and Image origin for
details of these commands.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

3d animation

What are the benefits to using UNIX for 3d animation. I am looking into the field, and most places require a strong background in UNIX. Why is this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloysius1001
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

IDE controlled / RAID card issue Suse 9.2

I just built a new box to run Suse, and I guess I shoud have spent more time researching the HCL. Anyway, the Promise RAID card I have will not work, and I am unable to install the OS. The only other IDE devide in the box is a DVDOM. I can only think of 2 options, but would appreciate some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script animation

I have read hundreds of the postings and cannot find the answer to my question...so I hope that someone is able to answer it for me. I am writing a script in bash, and would like to add animation. I have a gif file that I would like to open and have displayed on the screen. Can this be done? Of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: debit
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Animation

Hi, I want to write a shell script which can do some animation The animation is as follows it is like a progress barwhich hould gone on inresing with time & at the end of the line there should be the progess Eg == - 10%... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Controlled For Loop

I have a for loop and i pass in number of times i want to loop as argument to script. I have attached a snippet of my script. Problem is this does not work, if I manually replace the $NO_OF_LOOPS with a number in the script it works fine. NO_OF_LOOPS=$1 for i in {0..$NO_OF_LOOPS} ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelseyh
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing gnuplot variables to shell script

Hi, I need to pass a gnuplot value to a shell script. I have a main shell script (Main.sh) that has a bunch of gnuplot commands. Main.sh calls another gnuplot script (Child.gnu). A part of the code in Child.gnu is as follows: sp '</data/src/scripts/results/plot_data.sh $col' u (A):2:3 w pm3d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: annazpereira
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables in gnuplot within a shell script

Hi everybody, please help me with this problem Suppose I have a script like this to run commands of gnuplot. #!/bin/sh lib=$1 old="output/old/$lib.dat" new="output/new/$lib.dat" gnuplot << EOF set logscale x set logscale y set size square set grid set pointsize 1 plot "< paste $old... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
5 Replies

8. Solaris

In cluster configuration ora* VGs are not controlled by VCS

Need some one to explain "In cluster configuration ora* VGs are not controlled by VCS". Actually, I am not aware of this. Thanks, Rama (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass shell variable to gnuplot

Hi I am plotting a series of CDFs using gnuplot using plot "data" u 1:(1./x.) smooth cumulative I am doing this over many files and I need to tune the x value to the number of lines that meets a particular condition. Is it possible to get the line count from shell using cat file | grep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot script

Need assistance in getting a script right. It requires little tweaking and I am not getting it right . Using below data and the below script it creates a table with png file but regarding the time it create 6,7,8 and i want each time 6:15 ,6:30 and so on So that i can view the exact graph... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
3 Replies
RMADISON(1)                                                                                                                            RMADISON(1)

NAME
rmadison -- Remotely query the Debian archive database about packages SYNOPSIS
rmadison [OPTIONS] PACKAGE ... DESCRIPTION
dak ls queries the Debian archive database ("projectb") and displays which package version is registered per architecture/component/suite. The CGI at http://qa.debian.org/madison.php provides that service without requiring SSH access to ftp-master.debian.org or the mirror on ries.debian.org. This script, rmadison, is a command line frontend to this CGI. OPTIONS
-a, --architecture=ARCH only show info for ARCH(s) -b, --binary-type=TYPE only show info for binary TYPE -c, --component=COMPONENT only show info for COMPONENT(s) -g, --greaterorequal show buildd 'dep-wait pkg >= {highest version}' info -G, --greaterthan show buildd 'dep-wait pkg >> {highest version}' info -h, --help show this help and exit -s, --suite=SUITE only show info for this suite -S, --source-and-binary show info for the binary children of source pkgs -t, --time show projectb snapshot and reload time (not supported by all archives) -u, --url=URL[,URL ...] use URL for the query. Supported shorthands are debian or qa http://qa.debian.org/madison.php bpo http://backports.debian.org/cgi-bin/madison.cgi debug http://debug.debian.net/cgi-bin/madison.cgi ubuntu http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/madison.cgi udd http://qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/madison.cgi See the RMADISON_URL_MAP_ variable below for a method to add new shorthands. --version show version and exit --no-conf, --noconf don't read the devscripts configuration files ARCH, COMPONENT and SUITE can be comma (or space) separated lists, e.g. --architecture=m68k,i386 CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The two configuration files /etc/devscripts.conf and ~/.devscripts are sourced by a shell in that order to set configuration variables. Command line options can be used to override configuration file settings. Environment variable settings are ignored for this purpose. The currently recognised variables are: RMADISON_URL_MAP_SHORTHAND=URL Add an entry to the set of shorthand URLs listed above. SHORTHAND should be replaced with the shorthand form to be used to refer to URL. Multiple shorthand entries may be specified by using multiple RMADISON_URL_MAP_* variables. RMADISON_DEFAULT_URL=URL Set the default URL to use unless overridden by a command line option. RMADISON_ARCHITECTURE=ARCH Set the default architecture to use unless overridden by a command line option. To run an unrestricted query when RMADISON_ARCHITECTURE is set, use --architecture='*'. NOTES
dak ls also supports -r, --regex to treat PACKAGE as a regex. Since that can easily DoS the database ("-r ."), this option is not supported by the CGI and rmadison. dak ls was formerly called madison. The protocol used by rmadison is fairly simple, the CGI accepts query the parameters a, b, c, g, G, s, S, t, and package. The parameter text is passed to enable plain-text output. SEE ALSO
madison-lite(1), dak(1). AUTHOR
rmadison and http://qa.debian.org/madison.php were written by Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org>. dak was written by James Troup <james@nocrew.org>, Anthony Towns <ajt@debian.org>, and others. Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 RMADISON(1)