Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Makefile autogenerated by shell script for a given .c code file Post 302275119 by fpmurphy on Friday 9th of January 2009 10:13:30 AM
Old 01-09-2009
Have you looked at GNU autotools? GNU build system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

embeding shell script in makefile

Hi I am new to shell scripting and makefile. I want a command's output in makefile to process further, can anyone plz suggest me a way ? I want ls -d *.dsm output in a variable and want to process it in makefile itself. It's urgent Thanks In advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu12345
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script in makefile

Hi, Can we execute a shell script by makefile. I mean we will write a shell script in a make file and it will be executed when we compile the C++ program using make file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjyap
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script makefile

Is there a way to write a makefile for all the source files in a directory with a shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzhan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

turn on shell tracing of a makefile

hey, within a shell script file I know how to turn on tracing using "-x" #!/bin/bash -x now I have a complicated makefile which contains lots of `command`, and i would like to trace these `command`, where shall i put the option "-x"? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patiobarbecue
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture makefile errors in shell script

Hi, I have a bash script which calls a few "make". I would like to know whether the makefile failed with any errors. How do I do that in the script? Thanks, S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryaemlinux
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call makefile from shell script

I'm writing a VERY simple shell script. I need to call a makefile in a subdirectory. What's the command I need to use? ./dir/make and ./dir/makefile doesn't work. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamahabob
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a shell script through Makefile

I want to run a target defined in a shell script. The shell script name is 'ua.sc' and the target in it is 'N' i.e. (ua N) throught a makefile. How can i do it so that i can run it with a make target. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

using a Shell Script in a Makefile

Hello, I have a Makefile that converts wrl (vrml) files to html files... how can I use a shell script in that makefile which works on all html files after converting? The Shell Script have to find and replace a String in every createt html file. sorry I'm a Newbie, so I hope someone can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dan_78
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML code upload text file grep through shell script

I am looking for HTML code that browse text file and grep with database file then retrieve result txtfileuploaded contain 112233 115599 113366 shell code grep -F -f txtfileuploaded /data/database.txt result 112233 Mar 41$ 115599 Nov 44$ 113366 Oct 33$ attached... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpshell
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Comment code blocks in a bash source file

Just began to learn on Shell Script. I got an exercise from my friend. I know how to make this happen in C, but I'm not familiar with Shell Script. Hope I can get some help from all of you. I want to write a bash script to comment code blocks in a bash source file. What I mean comment is '#', I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HiFuture0801
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)