Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris superuser without prompting for pswd. Post 302275097 by jlliagre on Friday 9th of January 2009 09:09:02 AM
Old 01-09-2009
Alternatively, you can use the supported pfexec/rbac.

RBAC - Role Based Access Control at OpenSolaris.org

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

superuser password change

how can i change the superuser password? the admin left the company, and we want to change the password. to gain su access, i use: # su - password:***** (old password) then, using passwd command it changes my own login password, not the root?? (this is not trying to block anybody's... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

runing a script as superuser

My first post: in /etc/rc2.d i have a startup script: Script1. if you run #>scirpt1 stop/start from any user other than root you will get u must be supper user to run this script. eventhough the rights are 777. Question: how can i get my user_a be able to run this script to stop and start it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcheaib
2 Replies

3. SCO

pswd change on sco GUI login

Can i change the password on the SCO GUI interface login page and if so how? When I try to login it just goes right back to the login screen. If anyone has any suggestions, please reply. :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qphillips
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SuperUser

Can I create a superuser account in scoadmin? If not how do I do it via command line (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maconte
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resetting remote server SSH pswd?

Hi- I'm trying to access my remote server via my bash shell (mac os x), but have forgotten my SSH pswd. How can I reset my pswd? Thanks for any leads... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newmacdev
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP thru Unix doesn't auth usrname & pswd, but Windows app does - why?!

Strange one this... One of our contacts switched FTP servers, a different IP and now using port 2121 instead of 21. Changed the details in a Windows application using the username & password provided and it works no problem. Tried to FTP through Unix and although I can connect to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: macca74
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris superuser login

Hi! Can someone please tell me how to log-in to Solaris as a superuser or as a root? I have tried using "root" as a username, and my superuser password i had set in the terminal for the log-in password but it says "Roles can only be assumed by authorized users". "Permission denied." I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CarlosP
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Superuser

Hello! I found this on net: This is the ``prompt''. If you entered you username, or your password incorrectly, you will be greeted by: Login incorrect localhost login: Don't panic, try again. Likely you either mis-typed either your login name, or your password. Try again. You're not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinklemon
2 Replies

9. Solaris

How do you make a superuser?

I have just installed Solaris 11. When I turn the computer on I don't want to see a login in screen. I want to automatically be logged in as "SUPERUSER". My research tells me someone is going to tell me that's not wise or safe. I'm not interested in security advice. If someone I know is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeevv
10 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)