Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ksh case structure
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ksh case structure Post 302275086 by radoulov on Friday 9th of January 2009 08:25:42 AM
Old 01-09-2009
You need question marks '?' instead of dots '.' in the patterns.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem w. case structure

Hello, I am having a problem setting a range of numbers for the "case" structure. I can use with no problems, but when I use it doesn't work??? Does the case struture allow numeric ranges? eg: echo -e "enter number between 0 and 60: \c" read $answer case $answer in ) echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joe54321
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case (ksh)

Isn't any "NOT" operator that can be used in the case construction like : case $VAR (NOT) in option1 | option2 | option 3...) COMMAND ;; esac Or something similiar to the "default" from switch, so I could at least do something like this: case $VAR in ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh case problem

I'm trying to run a ksh script with a case condition to handle parameters. #!/bin/ksh db_start(){ *code } db_shut(){ *code } case "$1" in up) db_start TRNG ;; down) db_shut TRNG ;; *) echo "Usage: $0 { up | down }" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digiteck
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case structure

Hi, Can anyone help me with the following case structure? echo "Please enter the date for which you want the Report:\c" read dat d1=`echo $dat|cut -c7-8` m1=`echo $dat|cut -c5-6` y1=`echo $dat|cut -c1-4` yr=`expr "$d1" - 1` case "$yr" in 0) MONTH=`expr "$m1" - 1`... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamitsin
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh case statement

I am trying to write a ksh script using the case statement to select certain directories to remove. The directories that I am looking for are in the following format 2008-10-10. I want to exclude all other files/directories that contain anything other the 4 digit year,a dash, 2 digit month, a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgilc
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fall through case structure

Hello Experts, I was wondering how can we get a fall trough case structure. Eg: If we have two cases A and B and a default; if I do not break after A, it should execute all the statements of A as well as B if I break after B else fall through even lower. I tried this: #!/bin/sh v1=1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkansal
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

unique storage structure in ksh

hi all, is there a storage structure in ksh which only allows unique values i.e overwrites duplicates values ?? am using an array to hold server names from a 'find' command but some of the names are repeated. Is there an easy way to remove the duplicates ?? ta. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

lower to upper case in ksh

What is the command to change the contents of a file to UPPER case. Here in this file below you see some characters are Sp, Ch 1200812270046581 22885072800000652 B86860003OLFXXX592123320081227 22885029800000652 B86860003ODL-Sp592123420081227 22885093700000652-B94030001ODL-Ch592123520081227... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshuser
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

case structure in .sh file

Hi, while true do printf "$FBOLD\nPlease enter the minutes (0-59): $FREG" read MIN case "$MIN" in ||s) break 2;; *) echo "" echo "Invalid minutes, please try again.";; esac done In the above... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case structure combined with standard input

Hi folks, I am new to bash scripting so please excuse my question. Is there any chance to combine a case structure with the read command? Like case (read -p "" variable) in x) Thx! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: haukee
7 Replies
XmScaleSetTicks(library call)											     XmScaleSetTicks(library call)

NAME
XmScaleSetTicks -- A Scale function that controls tick marks SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Scale.h> void XmScaleSetTicks( Widget scale, int big_every, Cardinal num_medium, Cardinal num_small, Dimension size_big, Dimension size_medium, Dimension size_small); DESCRIPTION
XmScaleSetTicks controls the number, location, and size of the tick marks on a Scale. Each tick mark is a SeparatorGadget oriented perpen- dicular to the Scale's orientation. For example, if the Scale is oriented horizontally, the tick marks will be oriented vertically. If you specify tick marks for a Scale and then change the Scale's orientation, you will have to do the following: o Remove all the tick marks. To remove tick marks from a Scale, you must destroy (with XtDestroyChildren) the SeparatorGadget tick marks. The first two children of a Scale are its title and scroll bar, and all additional children are tick marks. o Recreate the tick marks by calling XmScaleSetTicks. scale Specifies the Scale widget ID that is getting the tick marks. big_every Specifies the number of scale values between big ticks. num_medium Specifies the number of medium ticks between big values. num_small Specifies the number of small ticks between medium values. size_big Specifies the size (either width or height) of the big ticks. size_medium Specifies the size (either width or height) of the medium ticks. size_small Specifies the size (either width or height) of the small ticks. For a complete definition of Scale and its associated resources, see XmScale(3). RELATED
XmScale(3). XmScaleSetTicks(library call)