Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting inserting data into a table from a flat file Post 302275081 by ss_ss on Friday 9th of January 2009 07:39:54 AM
Old 01-09-2009
inserting data into a table from a flat file

Hi,

I want to insert data into a table from a flat file, the file is having around 25 columns and some 10,000 records.

The columns values are seperated by a space.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting Values From A File Into A Table

Guys, I want to insert some values from a log file into a temporary table. the values in the log file looks like this SV_NAME CC_NAME CP_DISP_RUN_STATE ------- ------------------- ----------------- sble01 ALLTEL WorkMon24Hrs Running I want to enter the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting records from flat file to db table

I have 20000 numbers present in a file in each line like 25663, 65465, 74579, 56446, .. .. I have created a table in db with single number column in it. create table testhari (no number(9)); I want to insert all these numbers into that table. how can i do it? can anybody please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Inserting data in mysql table

Cant understand the error #!/bin/bash temp="" A="" D=$(date +"%Y-%m-%d") H=$(date +"%R") temp=$(wget -q -O - website | grep -o "Temperature:]**" | grep \-E -o "+") mysql -D "weather_wise" -e "INSERT INTO weather (Date, Hour, Degrees) VALUES ($D,$H, $temp)"; my data types for... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadharah
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I load records from table to a flat file!

Hi All, I need to load records from oracle table XYZ to a flat file say ABC.dat. could any one tell me how do i do this in UNXI, Regards Ann (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haque123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Load data to flat file from table.

Hi all, I need to know how to copy data from a table say ABC to a flat file say XYZ.dat in unix, Please leave ur comments and the fastest way to do so, I need to load the table records into flat file. Regards Ann (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Haque123
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting a sequential number into a field on a flat file

I have a csv flatfile with a few million rows. I need to replace a field (field number is 85) in the file with a sequential number. As an example, let's assume there are only 4 fields in the file: A,A,,32 A,A,,27 A,B,,43 C,C,,354 If I wanted to amend the 3rd field in this way my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BristolSmithy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove white spaces from flat file generated from Oracle table...

I have to export data from table into flat file with | delimited. In the ksh file, I am adding below to do this activity. $DBSTRING contains the sqlplus command and $SQL_STRING contains the SQL query. File is created properly with the data as per SQL command. I am getting white spaces in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgpatil31
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT HELP!!! Extracting db table into flat file

Hi All, I am writing a shell script to extract oracle table into a pipe dilemited flat file. Below is my code and I have attached two files that I have abled to generate so far. 1. Table.txt ==> database extract file 2. flat.txt ==> pipe delimited after some manipulation of the original db... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: express14
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle table extract: all columns are not converting into pipe delimited in flat file

Hi All, I am writing a shell script to extract oracle table into a pipe dilemited flat file. Below is my code and I have attached two files that I have abled to generate so far. 1. Table.txt ==> database extract file 2. flat.txt ==> pipe delimited after some manipulation of the original db... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: express14
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error inserting a clob file into DB table

Hi all, I am reading control file log from my server and putting it to a variable for j in $(cat $dirname/ctl_file.log) do if then Y=${#fileclob_ctl_file} if then fileclob_ctl_file=$j else fileclob_ctl_file="${fileclob_ctl_file},${j}" fi fi ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
5 Replies
ISASET(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 ISASET(8)

NAME
isaset - set ISA registers SYNOPSIS
isaset [-y] addrreg datareg address value [mask] #for I2C-like access isaset [-y] -f address value [mask] #for flat address space DESCRIPTION
isaset is a small helper program to set registers visible through the ISA bus. OPTIONS
-f Enable flat address space mode. -y Disable interactive mode. By default, isaset will wait for a confirmation from the user before messing with the ISA bus. When this flag is used, it will perform the operation directly. This is mainly meant to be used in scripts. OPTIONS (I2C-like access mode) Four options must be provided to isaset. addrreg contains the ISA address of the address register for the chip to probe; datareg contains the address of the data register. Both addresses are integers between 0x0000 and 0x3FFF. Usually, if the chip's base address is 0x0nn0, the address register is at 0x0nn5 and the data register is at 0x0nn6. The most common base address for hardware monitoring chips is 0x0290. For Super-I/O chips, address register is typically at 0x2E with data register at 0x2F. The address and value parameters are two integers between 0x00 and 0xFF. isaset will write value value to address address. An optional mask can be provided as a fifth parameter, preserving unmasked bits at the written location. OPTIONS (flat address space mode) In flat mode, two parameters must be provided. address contains the ISA address of the register to write to; it is an integer between 0x0000 and 0xFFFF. Basically, it is the sum of the chip's base address and the chip register's address. isaset will write value value at this address. An optional mask can be provided as a third parameter, preserving unmasked bits at the written location. WARNING
Poking around in ISA data space is extremely dangerous. Running isaset with random parameters can cause system crashes, data loss, and worse! Be extremely careful when using this program. SEE ALSO
i2cset(8), isadump(8) AUTHOR
Mark D. Studebaker, and the lm_sensors group (http://www.lm-sensors.org/) This manual page was shamelessly ripped from the i2cset and isadump manual pages by Jean Delvare. May 2005 ISASET(8)