Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX SMS menus are not supported on JS20 Post 302275040 by Mayank Shah on Friday 9th of January 2009 03:28:36 AM
Old 01-09-2009
AFAIK, SMS in not available in JS20 blade server. You need to use the "Blade Center Managment Console" to manage the boot & other SMS settings.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ncurses -> the best way to use menus

hello there, i'm exploring the curses lib and i'm having some trouble with "defining a style". to clarify: i'm creating a menu driven app and i've been thinking what's the best way to use menus: make global vars (not my favourite), creating a function which designs the menu and returns the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crashnburn
2 Replies

2. AIX

JS20, pseries and NIM for dummies, a request for mercy

Hello to all, Goal: Efficiently allow for mass deployment of AIX to PSeries hardware. Problems: Numerous, too many to list here. Now for a rather lengthy expansion... Let me just go ahead and say that I am desperately and humbly asking for as much experienced assistance as I can get. If... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: get2work
0 Replies

3. AIX

JS20 LPAR setup

Can anyone help with LPAR setup on JS20 .i need to make 3 LPAR on JS20 .what specification do i need like software. Can any one highlight the step by stpe guide line for setup/install of LPAR on JS20 Regards Mazil (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mazil.baig
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell menus And Oracle

Dear All, Kindly suggest on how should i proceed with the following requirement I need to develop an interactive shell script menu which would enable the user to inquire the value of a column based on a key value . The output can be more records.. Also is it possible to do the following 1)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksm
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cascading bash menus

I currently have a main menu (using whiptail) and one of the options makes an instance of another menu - sort of cascading fashion. I like to be able to terminate the current (top) menu and return to the underlying main one. I was thinking enclosing the main menu in "do... done" block. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)