Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Software Releases - RSS News OpenSSL 0.9.8j (Default branch) Post 302275011 by Linux Bot on Friday 9th of January 2009 01:20:02 AM
Old 01-09-2009
OpenSSL 0.9.8j (Default branch)

The OpenSSL Project is a collaborative effort todevelop a robust, commercial-grade, fullyfeatured, and Open Source toolkit implementing theSecure Sockets Layer (SSL v2/v3) and TransportLayer Security (TLS v1) as well as a full-strengthgeneral-purpose cryptography library.License: OSI ApprovedChanges:
Several incorrect checks, allowing a malformed signature to be treated as a good signature rather than as an error, were fixed. This vulnerability was reported as CVE-2008-5077. Experimental JPAKE support was implemented. Support for XMPP STARTTLS was added in s_client. Several other minor changes were made.Image

More...

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using openssl

All, I am new to openssl and I have not been able to figure out exactly how to use it. What I need to do is to create a shell script which FTPS's (SFTP is not allowed on my project) a file to a mainframe. The mainframe will not initiate a session with my server. Question. Are the packages... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelInDC
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Openssl 0.9.8r

Hi Peeps, Having trouble compiling openssl 0.9.8r on Solaris 10 x86. The make test fails when running the shatests (segmentation faults). There is a PROBLEM file that references a file called values.c. Anyone know whereabouts in the source tree you put this file as the file doesn't tell you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies
SSL_set_fd(3openssl)						      OpenSSL						      SSL_set_fd(3openssl)

NAME
SSL_set_fd - connect the SSL object with a file descriptor SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> int SSL_set_fd(SSL *ssl, int fd); int SSL_set_rfd(SSL *ssl, int fd); int SSL_set_wfd(SSL *ssl, int fd); DESCRIPTION
SSL_set_fd() sets the file descriptor fd as the input/output facility for the TLS/SSL (encrypted) side of ssl. fd will typically be the socket file descriptor of a network connection. When performing the operation, a socket BIO is automatically created to interface between the ssl and fd. The BIO and hence the SSL engine inherit the behaviour of fd. If fd is non-blocking, the ssl will also have non-blocking behaviour. If there was already a BIO connected to ssl, BIO_free() will be called (for both the reading and writing side, if different). SSL_set_rfd() and SSL_set_wfd() perform the respective action, but only for the read channel or the write channel, which can be set inde- pendently. RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: 0 The operation failed. Check the error stack to find out why. 1 The operation succeeded. SEE ALSO
SSL_get_fd(3), SSL_set_bio(3), SSL_connect(3), SSL_accept(3), SSL_shutdown(3), ssl(3) , bio(3) OpenSSL-0.9.8 Oct 11 2005 SSL_set_fd(3openssl)