Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: string operation
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers string operation Post 302274998 by orjnet on Friday 9th of January 2009 12:11:41 AM
Old 01-09-2009
Thanks am grateful

it works perfectly, am grateful

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

string operation

Hi all, Here is my situation. I have a text file TXT_FILE like this: john 123456 jack 94589 kelvin 94595 mary 88585 I want to read the first word in each line ( the name ) and assign to a string variable ( EX_LIST ) in my script so that I can use later as this commandfor i in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fongthai
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

string operation

i am new user of unix.i have a question.My script is- export STR_ALFA=`head -2 "${FILE_PATH}"|tail -1|cut -d"," -f1` "${TEST_HOME}"/function/chk_alfa.ksh STR_ALFA now i want to check STR_ALFA: 1)whether is alphabetic 2)whether is numeric 3)whether is alphanumeric... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

string operation

i am new user of unix.i have a question.My script is- export STR_ALFA=`head -2 "${FILE_PATH}"|tail -1|cut -d"," -f1` "${TEST_HOME}"/function/chk_alfa.ksh STR_ALFA now i want to check STR_ALFA: 1)whether is alphabetic 2)whether is numeric 3)whether is alphanumeric... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Search for string, then do string operation on line

Hi, I wish to find all lines that contain a specific search word, and then do few string operations on that line. The idea is to "fix" the file which has been moved from windows to unix. Using unix - Sun Solaris Test input ("t2.sas") statement1 statement2 libname yahoo ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaksinbox
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Operation

/home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/file4 this is the path...i have 2 variables filename and filepath...i want filename=file4 filepath=/home8/mc09ats/UnixCw i.e. i think i have to find last occurence of "/" in string and the string after "/" want to take in some variable and string before last "/"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbhijitIT
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed OR-Operation

Hello, I'm trying to get the configuration-IP-Addresses from Cisco-configurations on the Routers they are defined as a Loopback0-interface like this: interface Loopback0 ip address 172.23.19.249 255.255.255.255 On the Switches they are defined as a VLAN 80 interface like this ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sally[-_-]
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex string operation (awk, sed, other?)

I have a file that contains RewriteRules for 200 countries (2 examples for 1 country below): RewriteRule ^/at(/|/index.html|)$ http://%{HTTP_HOST}/locate/index.html?locale=de_AT #& RewriteRule ^/at_english(/|/index.html|)$ http://%{HTTP_HOST}/locate/index.html?locale=en_AT I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: usshadowop
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String operation in csh shell

Hi, to everybody i have a string which Looks like this FT47;3;1;1;;;1;09.02.2017 21:21:19;2;2 and i would like to change to value on one Position only e.g. the values on Position 6 should change to 1 nevertheyless which values was there before AIX 4.3.2.0 and csh i try... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadielosabra
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

String operation in csh AIX 4.3.2.0

Hi to everybody i stuck on a simple thing i had a string and i want cut it , i try already few thing with the cut command but does not the way it should. The script is in csh and running on AIX 4.3.2.0 here are few samples how the string can look like FT71;1;1;1;;;1;31.01.2017... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadielosabra
9 Replies
cvmkfile(1)                                                        cvmkfile(1)

NAME
cvmkfile - Create a pre-allocated file SYNOPSIS
cvmkfile [-k <key>] [-p] [-s] [-w] [-z] <size>[k|m|g] <filename> DESCRIPTION
cvmkfile can be used to pre-allocate a file on the Xsan volume. This is useful and preferable when preparing a file for use in a real-time or streaming environment as the entire file is represented in only one file system extent. Additionally, a file can be placed onto a specific storage pool by specifying the <key> value, which is used as the affin- ity locator. See cvfs_config(4) for more details about affinities. USAGE
The -k <key> optionally tells the file system where to place the data file. If an Affinity Key is specified, the file is placed on storage pools that are specified to support this key. If there is no storage pool with the key specified, then the file is placed in non-exclusive data pools. If there are no non-exclusive data pools, then ENOSPC (no space) is returned. The -p option forces the allocation and any subsequent expansions to be fitted "perfectly" as multiples of the InodeExpandMin configuration parameter. The allocation extent will always line up on and be a per- fect multiple of the blocks specified in InodeExpandMin. The -s option forces the allocation to line up on the beginning block modulus of the storage pool. This can help performance in situations where the I/O size perfectly spans the width of the storage pool's disks. The -w option sets the file size to be equal to <size>. Without this option the blocks are allocated but the size is set to zero. NOTE: Unless the -z option is used, the new file will contain undefined data. Using the -w option is not recommended unless absolutely needed. The -z option causes the file to be physically zeroed out. This can take a significant amount of time. The <size> argument specifies the number of bytes, kilobytes(k), megabytes(m) or gigabytes(g) to allocate for the file. There is no guarantee that all requested space will be allocated. If there is insufficient contiguous available space to satisfy the requested amount then a "best effort" will be performed. In this case a success value is returned even though not all of the requested amount is allocated to the file. Even though the allocation may not be fully satisfied, if the -w option is specified then the file size will still reflect the requested <size> value. EXAMPLES
Make a file of one gigabyte with zero length. Allocate it on a storage pool that favors the media type 6100_n8. rock # cvmkfile -k 6100_n8 1g foobar SEE ALSO
cvfs_config(4), cvmkdir(1) Xsan File System December 2005 cvmkfile(1)