Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File handling with bash shell scripting Post 302274992 by naw_deepak on Friday 9th of January 2009 12:00:01 AM
Old 01-09-2009
Thanks for reply. I have got the suggested and found everything needed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file handling with ksh scripting

how can i write content of a variable to a file? how can i read standard output into a variable? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash shell scripting

Hi, i am new to UNIX. I have couple of basic questions. 1. Is the syntax for BASH shell programming same in the LINUX and SUN SOLARIS operating systems? 2. I have to work on BASH shell programming in SUN SOLARIS operating system. I am going through the documentation from the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: azazalis
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help!! bash shell scripting..

Can any1 please help me... i'm really lost in using bash shell scripting... and i got to hand this up on monday... please anyone teach me how to do this assignment... Please use basic things because i just learn the program only... thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fr0z3n999
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell Scripting help

wwww wwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwww (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: keyvan
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error handling in Unix shell scripting

Hello, I have written a shell script and suppose there is any error in the script. How i can do exception handling in shell script.for example i have below code sqlplus -s <<uid>>/<<pwd>>@<<$ORACLE_SID>> <<EOF > 1_pid1.log set pagesize 0 set feedback off set heading off set linesize 200... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rksingh003
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File handling in bash shell scripting

i am new to shell scripting and stuck at one place in my program. i am reading data from one structured file and extracting some data from particular lines and then writing into the output file. In that reading input file line by line from while loop. while read line do rectype=line... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reeta_shri
7 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with bash shell scripting

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a bash shell script that takes as an argument a name. Then your script will ask the user for two numbers.... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyboy1212
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell scripting doubt

Hello All, I am setting up a cron job, where i am calling a shell script to make few builds. I got struck at a point, need some expert inputs to proceed further. The script is categorized in 5 parts and in the last part while building software it asks for few questions like:- 1. Build mode... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_jammu
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH Shell Scripting: If, Then Statement

I'm having trouble trying to create a BASH shell script. I want the user to input a command "cat file_name.c" and then the shell script will delete all comments "/* */" from file_name.c else exit. So far I have this: #!/bin/bash read "cat file" // User will input command cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: inkjoy00
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learn bash shell scripting

I do not know shell scripting. But at work place, I have got an in and out shell scripting task. I just need to understand a very big script. Is there any tool in which I can place the script and it can tell me the meaning of the whole script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lg123
3 Replies
xcb_xkb_get_geometry(3) 					   XCB Requests 					   xcb_xkb_get_geometry(3)

NAME
xcb_xkb_get_geometry - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/xkb.h> Request function xcb_xkb_get_geometry_cookie_t xcb_xkb_get_geometry(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_xkb_device_spec_t deviceSpec, xcb_atom_t name); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_xkb_get_geometry_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t deviceID; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; xcb_atom_t name; uint8_t found; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t widthMM; uint16_t heightMM; uint16_t nProperties; uint16_t nColors; uint16_t nShapes; uint16_t nSections; uint16_t nDoodads; uint16_t nKeyAliases; uint8_t baseColorNdx; uint8_t labelColorNdx; } xcb_xkb_get_geometry_reply_t; Reply function xcb_xkb_get_geometry_reply_t *xcb_xkb_get_geometry_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_xkb_get_geometry_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors xcb_xkb_counted_string_16_t *xcb_xkb_get_geometry_label_font (const xcb_xkb_get_geometry_request_t *reply) int xcb_xkb_get_geometry_properties_length(const xcb_xkb_get_geometry_reply_t *reply); xcb_xkb_property_iterator_t xcb_xkb_get_geometry_properties_iterator(const xcb_xkb_get_geometry_reply_t *reply); int xcb_xkb_get_geometry_colors_length(const xcb_xkb_get_geometry_reply_t *reply); xcb_xkb_counted_string_16_iterator_t xcb_xkb_get_geometry_colors_iterator(const xcb_xkb_get_geometry_reply_t *reply); int xcb_xkb_get_geometry_shapes_length(const xcb_xkb_get_geometry_reply_t *reply); xcb_xkb_shape_iterator_t xcb_xkb_get_geometry_shapes_iterator(const xcb_xkb_get_geometry_reply_t *reply); int xcb_xkb_get_geometry_sections_length(const xcb_xkb_get_geometry_reply_t *reply); xcb_xkb_section_iterator_t xcb_xkb_get_geometry_sections_iterator(const xcb_xkb_get_geometry_reply_t *reply); int xcb_xkb_get_geometry_doodads_length(const xcb_xkb_get_geometry_reply_t *reply); xcb_xkb_doodad_iterator_t xcb_xkb_get_geometry_doodads_iterator(const xcb_xkb_get_geometry_reply_t *reply); xcb_xkb_key_alias_t *xcb_xkb_get_geometry_key_aliases(const xcb_xkb_get_geometry_request_t *reply); int xcb_xkb_get_geometry_key_aliases_length(const xcb_xkb_get_geometry_reply_t *reply); xcb_xkb_key_alias_iterator_t xcb_xkb_get_geometry_key_aliases_iterator(const xcb_xkb_get_geometry_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. deviceSpec TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. name TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_XKB_GET_GEOMETRY. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). deviceID TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. name TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. found TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. widthMM TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. heightMM TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. nProperties TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. nColors TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. nShapes TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. nSections TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. nDoodads TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. nKeyAliases TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. baseColorNdx TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. labelColorNdx TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_xkb_get_geometry_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_xkb_get_geometry_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_xkb_get_geometry_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from xkb.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_xkb_get_geometry(3)