Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk, shell script reverse engineering app generator - project Post 302274954 by Neo on Thursday 8th of January 2009 06:09:59 PM
Old 01-08-2009
Hello.

Thank you for your post, it is a bit hard to understand. Could you be very specific about how we can help you?

Thanks.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse search in awk script

Hi, I am new to awk. Actually I want to search a pattern A, when I get that line with pattern A then for one of the field of that line again I want search on that field (say pattern B)from start of the file. I am using awk. Is nested searching possible in awk? Please do the needful as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: id4forum
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse ':' separated numbers in a shell script

I want to reverse a the following: 00:11:22:33:44:55 I currently use something like below to pass it as is. But now I want the same script to reverse the above and pass it to ethtool. // psuedo code i=0 skip=0 for m in $@ do if then skip=1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhanu.nani
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse script usage -Awk

Is it possible to convert EXONtoBED (Output to input)? 1. BEDtoExon.sh ------------------- awk '{ n11 = split($11, t11, ",") n12 = split($12, t12, ",") for (i = 0; ++i < n11;) { s12 = $2 + t12 print $1, s12, s12 + t11, i”E_”$4 } }' $1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Legacy Ultra60 with Solaris 5.7 SCSI device reverse engineering

I'm looking for help with a legacy system. I have some obsolete equipment connected to an Ultra 60 running Solaris 5.7 with the binary for a 32 bit driver. The driver is rejected by newer versions of solaris, which run 64 bit kernels. I hope to reverse engineer the driver so that I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: obsoleteStuff
0 Replies

5. Linux

Kind of reverse engineering

Hi everyone, I'm a linux novice , in a training purpose i have to reconstruct under windows an application running under fedora 14, the application communicates with an STB device through RS232 in a first time and then through ethernet for firmware loading purpose. All what i know is how to run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nidal
2 Replies
SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool						SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-path - GNU shtool command dealing with shell path variables SYNOPSIS
shtool path [-s|--suppress] [-r|--reverse] [-d|--dirname] [-b|--basename] [-m|--magic] [-p|--path path] str [str ...] DESCRIPTION
This command deals with shell $PATH variables. It can find a program through one or more filenames given by one or more str arguments. It prints the absolute filesystem path to the program displayed on "stdout" plus an exit code of 0 if it was really found. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -s, --suppress Supress output. Useful to only test whether a program exists with the help of the return code. -r, --reverse Transform a forward path to a subdirectory into a reverse path. -d, --dirname Output the directory name of str. -b, --basename Output the base name of str. -m, --magic Enable advanced magic search for ""perl"" and ""cpp"". -p, --path path Search in path. Default is to search in $PATH. EXAMPLE
# shell script awk=`shtool path -p "${PATH}:." gawk nawk awk` perl=`shtool path -m perl` cpp=`shtool path -m cpp` revpath=`shtool path -r path/to/subdir` HISTORY
The GNU shtool path command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1998 for Apache. It was later taken over into GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), which(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)