Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Gnuplot shell script controlled animation Post 302274920 by darius2 on Thursday 8th of January 2009 04:43:12 PM
Old 01-08-2009
Gnuplot shell script controlled animation

Hi,

I am looking for basic shell script to feed Gnuplot with live data, to arrange basic animation.
I mean one-liner one variable real function.

Any idea or experiences from the past, generating Gnuplot animation on dumb terminal (ASCII only) ?
Or please refer me to a nice web site.

Darius

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

3d animation

What are the benefits to using UNIX for 3d animation. I am looking into the field, and most places require a strong background in UNIX. Why is this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloysius1001
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

IDE controlled / RAID card issue Suse 9.2

I just built a new box to run Suse, and I guess I shoud have spent more time researching the HCL. Anyway, the Promise RAID card I have will not work, and I am unable to install the OS. The only other IDE devide in the box is a DVDOM. I can only think of 2 options, but would appreciate some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script animation

I have read hundreds of the postings and cannot find the answer to my question...so I hope that someone is able to answer it for me. I am writing a script in bash, and would like to add animation. I have a gif file that I would like to open and have displayed on the screen. Can this be done? Of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: debit
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Animation

Hi, I want to write a shell script which can do some animation The animation is as follows it is like a progress barwhich hould gone on inresing with time & at the end of the line there should be the progess Eg == - 10%... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Controlled For Loop

I have a for loop and i pass in number of times i want to loop as argument to script. I have attached a snippet of my script. Problem is this does not work, if I manually replace the $NO_OF_LOOPS with a number in the script it works fine. NO_OF_LOOPS=$1 for i in {0..$NO_OF_LOOPS} ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelseyh
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing gnuplot variables to shell script

Hi, I need to pass a gnuplot value to a shell script. I have a main shell script (Main.sh) that has a bunch of gnuplot commands. Main.sh calls another gnuplot script (Child.gnu). A part of the code in Child.gnu is as follows: sp '</data/src/scripts/results/plot_data.sh $col' u (A):2:3 w pm3d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: annazpereira
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables in gnuplot within a shell script

Hi everybody, please help me with this problem Suppose I have a script like this to run commands of gnuplot. #!/bin/sh lib=$1 old="output/old/$lib.dat" new="output/new/$lib.dat" gnuplot << EOF set logscale x set logscale y set size square set grid set pointsize 1 plot "< paste $old... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
5 Replies

8. Solaris

In cluster configuration ora* VGs are not controlled by VCS

Need some one to explain "In cluster configuration ora* VGs are not controlled by VCS". Actually, I am not aware of this. Thanks, Rama (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass shell variable to gnuplot

Hi I am plotting a series of CDFs using gnuplot using plot "data" u 1:(1./x.) smooth cumulative I am doing this over many files and I need to tune the x value to the number of lines that meets a particular condition. Is it possible to get the line count from shell using cat file | grep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot script

Need assistance in getting a script right. It requires little tweaking and I am not getting it right . Using below data and the below script it creates a table with png file but regarding the time it create 6,7,8 and i want each time 6:15 ,6:30 and so on So that i can view the exact graph... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
3 Replies