Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers two groups with permission on one directory Post 302274911 by StephenJH on Thursday 8th of January 2009 04:10:26 PM
Old 01-08-2009
Thanks Annihilannic, your solution is clever!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

related to directory permission

$mkdir nw_dir $----------- $cd nw_dir bash:permission denied so what need to be filled in the blanks? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mxms755
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to add permission of directory to a group

Hi, A simple and silly question on Unix. I have a directory named "a" and I would like to grant permission to group name "text" to access, read and execute my directory. Could anyone help me? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
2 Replies

3. Solaris

reg directory permission

One small doubt. can anyone explain me the difference between directory read and execute permission. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Delete Permission on Directory

Hi, I have a directory /u01/source. Following are current permission on directory source. oracle@TEST # ls -l source drwxrwxrwx 2 user1 userbi 31232 Apr 8 13:33 EG1 drwxrwxrwx 2 user1 userbi 1024 Apr 8 05:45 E2 drwxrwxrwx 2 user1 userbi 57344 Mar 15 10:22 h5 There is another ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory permission

hi i have a directory called dbms and group dba.... My question is how do i set full permissions i.e read/write/execute for all user(in dba group) for the directory dbms. If i use the following cmd chmod g+rwx dbms here in above cmd ..which group it denotes..how AIX will know (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
3 Replies

6. Solaris

exec_attr permission for whole directory

Hi friends, I would like to grant a management capability for a specific application to my user test. Application is installed under /opt/myApp and has startup and management scripts under directories bin and sbin. This application is installed by root and can be managed by root. For security... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niyazi
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple groups in directory / file permissions

Hi I need to permit one group to have r-x permissions on all files in a directory and another group to have just read access, im confused how to do this as if i set the 'Other' permission class as read access then all users will have access to them. So basically i have a directory which the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m3y
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change permission to a directory

Hi, How do i change the permission to read/write to a windows directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lg123
1 Replies

9. AIX

Can we add multiple groups to a directory or a file ?

Hello, drwxr-x--- 21 root system 4096 Jan 25 10:20 /testdir here owner is root, group is system. 1) is it possible to add multiple groups to "/testdir" files/directories ? if yes, please provide me the command. my requirement is to provide read-only access to user1 on /testdir... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
6 Replies

10. AIX

How to set owner and permission for files/directory in directory in this case?

Hi. My example: I have a filesystem /log. Everyday, log files are copied to /log. I'd like to set owner and permission for files and directories in /log like that chown -R log_adm /log/* chmod -R 544 /log/*It's OK, but just at that time. When a new log file or new directory is created in /log,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies
CPTRFS(l)								 )								 CPTRFS(l)

NAME
CPTRFS - improve the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is Hermitian positive definite and tridiagonal, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE CPTRFS( UPLO, N, NRHS, D, E, DF, EF, B, LDB, X, LDX, FERR, BERR, WORK, RWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER UPLO INTEGER INFO, LDB, LDX, N, NRHS REAL BERR( * ), D( * ), DF( * ), FERR( * ), RWORK( * ) COMPLEX B( LDB, * ), E( * ), EF( * ), WORK( * ), X( LDX, * ) PURPOSE
CPTRFS improves the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is Hermitian positive definite and tridi- agonal, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution. ARGUMENTS
UPLO (input) CHARACTER*1 Specifies whether the superdiagonal or the subdiagonal of the tridiagonal matrix A is stored and the form of the factorization: = 'U': E is the superdiagonal of A, and A = U**H*D*U; = 'L': E is the subdiagonal of A, and A = L*D*L**H. (The two forms are equivalent if A is real.) N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrix B. NRHS >= 0. D (input) REAL array, dimension (N) The n real diagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A. E (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) off-diagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A (see UPLO). DF (input) REAL array, dimension (N) The n diagonal elements of the diagonal matrix D from the factorization computed by CPTTRF. EF (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) off-diagonal elements of the unit bidiagonal factor U or L from the factorization computed by CPTTRF (see UPLO). B (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The right hand side matrix B. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X (input/output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) On entry, the solution matrix X, as computed by CPTTRS. On exit, the improved solution matrix X. LDX (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). FERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). BERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK (workspace) COMPLEX array, dimension (N) RWORK (workspace) REAL array, dimension (N) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value PARAMETERS
ITMAX is the maximum number of steps of iterative refinement. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 CPTRFS(l)