Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Open txt and store line in a var Post 302274822 by ruben.rodrigues on Thursday 8th of January 2009 12:43:48 PM
Old 01-08-2009
ok now I have this praticular case.
I do

cat -n /home/ruben/Desktop/rsyncbackup/2tuesday/diff.txt ¦ grep lib

and the output is:
1 change: lib32
2 metadata the same, data changed: lib32/jniwrap.lic
3 new: lib32/ruben file
4 new: lib32/ruben file 2
5 new: lib32/ruben file 2~

Is possible that I save in a array something like
array(0)=lib32/jniwrap.lic
array(1)=lib32/ruben file
array(2)=lib32/ruben file 2
array(3)=lib32/ruben file 2~

thanks for supporting me

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store command in a Var problem

Hi! I strated to script since 1 month and I don't have much expirience but this thing here is strange I have a script where I want to store a svn command in a var to check it later so it's like this #!/bin/sh list=`ssh itadmin@192.168.1.200 "ls /home/svn"` # this stores the list of... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
13 Replies

2. Solaris

unix txt files in M$: /var/adm/messages

hi I have a script that mails me when certain event are logged in /var/adm/messages. When the mail reaches me there are no line breaks (its just one really long line) so I tried piping the output of the script to a text file which I run `unix2dos` on then mail myself that, but that didn't work. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1ckle
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the sql query output into txt file?

Hi I want ot save SQL query result in one txt file. for that i have written one code line sqlplus -s $dbstring @/usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/exec_123.sql >> /usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/result.txt but it is not working . database : Oracle so please advice me how can i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store output of DB Cursor to a txt file

I am writing a cursor to select values from 3 tables. I want to store these values in a txt file which I will be sending via ftp. I am able to store the results of simple select queries to the txt file. but I am not sure how to store the values when using a cursor. I have given the sql query below.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveensraj
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append the date | abcddate.txt to the first line of my txt file

I want to add/append the info in the following format to my.txt file. 20130702|abcd20130702.txt FN|SN|DOB I tried the below script but it throws me some exceptions. <#!/bin/sh dt = date '+%y%m%d'members; echo $dt+|+members+$dt; /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS="|"; OFS="|"; } { print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harik1982
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Configuring 'auditd' service to not store the audit logs in /var partition

Hello all, I've configured 'audit' service to send the audit logs to a remote log server (by using syslog plugin), which is working fine. However, there is a problem. audit service also tries to write same information (but in binary format) in /var/audit path. So, Is there anyway to stop... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split Every Line In Txt Into Separate Txt File, Named Same As The Line

Hi All Is there a way to export every line into new txt file where by the title of each txt output are same as the line ? I have this txt files containing names: Kandra Vanhooser Rhona Menefee Reynaldo Hutt Houston Rafferty Charmaine Lord Albertine Poucher Juana Maes Mitch Lobel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vim help.txt automatically open every time I open vi

Hi Friends, Every I try to open a vi window vim help.txt automatically opens evertime. After doing ZZ or :q! also the same page opens automatically. How to stop this? Is it machine specific ? Other users who are opening the same servers and files are not facing this issue. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudiptabhaskar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vim help.txt automatically open every time I open vi

Hi Friends, Every I try to open a vi window, vim help.txt automatically opens evertime. After doing ZZ or :q! also the same page opens automatically. How to stop this? Is it machine specific ? Other users who are opening the same servers and files are not facing this issue. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudiptabhaskar
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store info from a txt file into a hash?

I'm trying to make a perl script using the "open" command to open and read a file, storing the information in said file into a hash structure. This is what is inside my file- Celena Standard F 01/24/94 Cancer Jeniffer Orlowski F 06/24/86 None Brent Koehler M 12/05/97 HIV Mao Schleich... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric1
4 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)