Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to import external HASH table in PERL??? Post 302274744 by Autocross.US on Thursday 8th of January 2009 09:09:11 AM
Old 01-08-2009
You need to use a 'require' statement to load the first script into the second script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Creating a Hash Table

Dear Friends, I want to create a hash table using the standard Glib header (if possible) so that I can store a structure and keep the hash key(search key) based on a string. Any example code would be great since I am not able to get the main idea. best regards Skull (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmetheskull
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nested hash table

Hi, I have a nested hash table say for example as follows: %coins = ( 1 => { "Quarter"=>25, "Dime"=>10, "Nickel"=>5, }, 2 => { "asd"=>34, "qwe"=>45, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arthi
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can you ref/link/import a function from external ksh script?

Hey guys, I'm not the best AIX scripter about but I can flounder my way thru them to create what I need. Anyhow, I have various scripts that perform various actions and processes. I was tasked to come up with a single form of logging that all the scripts could implement so that the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isawme
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Hash:Can not keep hash data in the same order that it was inserted

Can Someone explain me why even using Tie::IxHash I can not get the output data in the same order that it was inserted? See code below. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use Tie::IxHash; use strict; tie (my %programs, "Tie::IxHash"); while (my $line = <DATA>) { chomp $line; my(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgfcoimbra
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl hash - using a range as a hash key.

Hi, In Perl, is it possible to use a range of numbers with '..' as a key in a hash? Something in like: %hash = ( '768..1536' => '1G', '1537..2560' => '2G' ); That is, the range operation is evaluated, and all members of the range are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsw
3 Replies

6. Programming

Hash table

Hi, I hope someone can help me with the following prob.. I need to implement a hashtable whose KEYs are strings and VLAUEs are again hashtables. ie key - is a string and value -is another hashtable . So.... how am I supposed to be implementing my nested hashtable? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrew.paul
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values of hashes of hash for n number of hash in perl without sorting.

Hi, I have an hashes of hash, where hash is dynamic, it can be n number of hash. i need to compare data_count values of all . my %result ( $abc => { 'data_count' => '10', 'ID' => 'ABC122', } $def => { 'data_count' => '20', 'ID' => 'defASe', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return a hash table from a sub routine

hello, i am new to scripting and would like to know how to return a hash table from a sub routine. i tried the following, my %hash_function = (); hash_function = &return_hash(); sub return_hash { my %hash = (); ///populate the hash return %hash; } but it dosent seem to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemalathak10
1 Replies

9. Programming

Hash Table

I was looking at this script and was wondering if anyone can explain what this script does and how does it work. Thank you for any help. State* lookup(char* prefix, int create) { int i, h; State *sp = NULL ; h = hash(prefix); for (sp = statetab; sp != NULL; sp... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: totoro125
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print hash of hash in table format

Hi, I have a hash of hash where it has name, activities and count i have data like this - $result->{$name}->{$activities} = $value; content of that are - name - robert tom cat peter activities - running, eating, sleeping , drinking, work i need to print output as below ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
3 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)