Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can you migrate UFS to ZFS ?
Operating Systems Solaris Can you migrate UFS to ZFS ? Post 302274711 by jlliagre on Thursday 8th of January 2009 08:01:52 AM
Old 01-08-2009
Can you post a link to that blog ?
I suspect you misunderstood its content. That would be a quite complicated process to implement with little value.
A UFS file system is located on a slice while a ZFS file system is located on a ZFS pool. The same storage area can hardly be both at the same time.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

ZFS / UFS / Soft Updates / GJurnal / Bonnie Performance

I have done some tests with UFS/ZFS under bonnie benchmark. here are the results if you are interested. software: OS: FreeBSD 7-CURRENT 200708 snapshot benchmark: bonnie -s 2048 CFLAGS: -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -s CPUTYPE: athlon-mp scheduler: ULE hardware: CPU: (single) Athlon... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vermaden
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing ZFS on an existing Solaris 10 install (UFS)

Hello, I am new to Solaris so i apologize upfront if my questions seem trivial. I am trying to install a ZFS file system on a Solaris 10 machine with UFS already installed on it. I want to run: # zpool create pool_zfs c0t0d0 then: # zfs create pool_zfs/fs My question is more to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdef
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Allocating space to ufs /usr by using ZFS in solaris

Hi, Im currently having my diskspace allocation of my UFS filesystem in solris as 100% for /usr directory.I have created a zfs pool of 3 gb.I want to allocate space from my zfs pool to /usr so that i can free space in /usr.Please help me it is quiet urgent. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotmannan
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Convert root UFS to ZFS on x86 solaris 10/09

Hello All, Good Morning, We are trying to convert the UFS root in to ZFS. Am getting below error. Any one help me out on this ? bash-3.00# zpool list NAME SIZE USED AVAIL CAP HEALTH ALTROOT guru 5.95G 483M 5.48G 7% ONLINE - bash-3.00# zpool create rpool c2t10d0p0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Mount ufs in ZFS system

Hi..I have installed Solaris 5.10 update 9 with ZFS system with RAID1. It is to be integrated with SAN which is UFS and . It is getting mounted but when i am rebooting server,it is getting removed from system. Pls let me know what all step need to follow for this. Thanks !! (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: deljatt
15 Replies
zdb(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   zdb(1M)

NAME
zdb - ZFS debugger SYNOPSIS
zdb pool DESCRIPTION
The zdb command is used by support engineers to diagnose failures and gather statistics. Since the ZFS file system is always consistent on disk and is self-repairing, zdb should only be run under the direction by a support engineer. If no arguments are specified, zdb, performs basic consistency checks on the pool and associated datasets, and report any problems detected. Any options supported by this command are internal to Sun and subject to change at any time. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The pool is consistent. 1 An error was detected. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWzfsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zfs(1M), zpool(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 31 Oct 2005 zdb(1M)