Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 9 OS backup
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9 OS backup Post 302274643 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 8th of January 2009 04:05:23 AM
Old 01-08-2009
boot the server from cd or network and use the "flash" option when asked during the setup questions. you can automate this with jumpstart...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

solaris backup

i would like to know if i can use solstice backup 5.5 to do my solaris 2.6 backup. I would also like to know what other solstice backup versions there are and the O/S they support. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lealyz
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

backup on solaris

i get this funny message after inserting my enabler code and authorization code for my solstice backup device; Create failed:'Cannot create new NSR schedule with Solstice Backup SingleServer'. This happens whenever i want to create customized settings on my nwadmin interface. Please what do i... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lealyz
11 Replies

3. Solaris

Bootable solaris cd backup

Hi ppl! Does anyone know of how to make a bootable solaris cd backup :confused: i have mkisofs installed and plan to burn the bootable image on pc with cdwriter on it... thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 Backup

Hello, I'am newbie in Solaris. In the HP-UX we use make_recovery to full backup in tape, if system crash I need only put the tape in drive and the system is recovered. In Solaris I'am test ufsdump to backup for a file system. Exist a way to make backup full in Solaris or I need make backup a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markos
1 Replies

5. Solaris

OS Backup for Solaris

Hi, I'm new to Unix world and would like to know the procedure to do back for OS for Solaris 9. Can anyone guide me on this, please. Thank You (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raziayub
3 Replies

6. Solaris

backup on solaris 5.4

Hy everybody, I would like to know how i can do a backup or an equivalent of a ghost image like on Windows but for Solaris 5,4. I know there is the command flar or flarcreate but it doesn't work on Solaris 5,4. If someone have a idea to help me please. Thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blacknight29
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to BackUp Solaris 5.8 OS ?

Hi All, How do I BackUp SOLARIS 5.8 (SPARC) OS so that I can re-install again on some other Hard Disk Drive in case of emergency ? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
13 Replies

8. Solaris

Backup the Solaris OS

Hi gurus I wish to backup the Solaris OS and ftp to another server disk drive monthly but currently lack of knowledge about this. ** The server is production server. Please assists. =) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Whole disk backup in Solaris 11

Hello! I have an Oracle server X5-2 with Solaris 11. Now, this server will get repurposed before I get a system of my own. I am a beginner...but is there a way I can make a backup or an image of my whole disk so when I get my own system I can just restore without having to reinstall software... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipsandiscream
1 Replies
GNUNET-NAT-SERVER(1)					      General Commands Manual					      GNUNET-NAT-SERVER(1)

NAME
gnunet-nat-server - help GNUnet setup test network setup with NAT SYNOPSIS
gnunet-nat-server [options] PORT DESCRIPTION
Normal GNUnet end-users should not concern themselves with gnunet-nat-server. In fact, distributions are encouraged to consider not ship- ping it at all. Running gnunet-nat-server's is similar to running hostlist servers: it is a special service to the community with special requirements and no benefit to those running the service. This program will listen on the specified PORT for incoming requests to test a peer's network connectivity. Incoming requests can ask it to connect to a given IPv4 address (and port) using TCP or UDP and to send a 2-byte test message using the specified address. The program can also be asked to send a "fake" ICMP response message to a given IPv4 address (for autonomous NAT traversal --- see the description in the respective research paper). The idea is that gnunet-nat-server will be run on some trusted hosts with unrestricted connectivity to allow GNUnet users to test their network configuration. As written, the code allows any user on the Internet to cause the gnunet-nat-server to send 2-bytes of arbitrary data to any TCP or UDP port at any address. We believe that this is generally harmless. When running gnunet-nat-server, make sure to use a configuration that disables most NAT options but enables 'enable_nat_client' and sets 'internal_address' to the global IP address of your local host. Also, the gnunet-helper-nat-client should be installed locally and run with root privileges (SUID), otherwise the gnunet-nat-server will not work properly. Note that gnunet-nat-server could be run via gnunet-arm but typically is not. Also, the name of the host and port that gnunet-nat-server is run on should be specified in the NATSERVER option in the [setup] section of the configuration file of hosts that are supposed to auto- configure with this server. OPTIONS
-c FILENAME, --config=FILENAME Use the configuration file FILENAME. BUGS
Report bugs by using Mantis <https://gnunet.org/bugs/> or by sending electronic mail to <gnunet-developers@gnu.org> SEE ALSO
gnunet-transport(1) GNUnet 25 Feb 2012 GNUNET-NAT-SERVER(1)