Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Good site for Shell Programming Post 302274622 by angheloko on Thursday 8th of January 2009 02:57:17 AM
Old 01-08-2009
Hi Vishnu...

Try this UNIX For Dummies, 5th Edition (Wiley, 2004)

and this

Unix® Shell Programming, Third Edition
By Stephen G. Kochan, Patrick Wood

and maybe this

Unix™ Systems Programming: Communication, Concurrency, and Threads
By Kay A. Robbins, Steven Robbins

Also, there are tons and tons of free sources you can out there. Try googling for .chm and .pdf formats so that you can also save a copy for future references Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix shell site

Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a unix shell site, that we can access from the local telnet, and that my younger brother can practice? Thank you! AA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aalemu
4 Replies

2. Programming

Do you know good site?

Do you know any good web site about system programming? I've been looking for sites about C-programming in UNIX environment.. and emulating UNIX command by C.. but there is little about that.. If you know some good abnout that,, please let me know.. Thanks for helping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sangjinn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

good book for unix shell programming

hi, i am ajay. I need a good book for shell programming. a book which covers from fundamental to advance shell programming. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaygodbole
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good source of X11 programming info?

Is there a good book or something on practical programming in X11? I have the O'Reilly X window system book set. They don't seem to cover the nuances very well (at least for me). So far the only thing I find on the web is the text from these books. Specifically, I'm looking for optimization... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: willil
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tell me some good unix project in system level programming...

this is very urgent plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stalin2020
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

any good book for Shell Scripting ?

Hi , I am aware of basics of UNIX like general commands for files & directories. However now I have to move on to shell programming . Please suggest any good book for beginners for shell programming basics & advanced which might have some practice questions also. Thanks, Ankur (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurvohra
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

good old shell ftp...how!

hi: I am trying to move files from server to server with ftp. I want the command to read a folder and upload all subdirs and files. what is the command to do this? is there something cooler than ftp? if so. how to use it? thanks again. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jason7
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good refernce site/tutorial for sed

Hi, Can any one please suggest me some sites over which i can find tutorial for sed. -Sarbjit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Programming Language good for standalone App with embedded Database

Hi, I would like to ask for someone more experience in programming, May i ask on where do i start or what langguage should i start inorder to create an APPS with nice GUI front end for visual display and a embedded Database in backend for records purposes, a stand alone apps, for example i want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

any good book for shell programming and scripting??

as title suggest i am looking for good book to start learning shell programming.please help me with this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvk21
5 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)		 Perl Programmers Reference Guide	    CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote - connect to a remote CPANPLUS SYNOPSIS
CPAN Terminal> /connect localhost 1337 --user=foo --pass=bar ... CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect DESCRIPTION
This is a "CPANPLUS::Shell::Default" plugin that allows you to connect to a machine running an instance of "CPANPLUS::Daemon", allowing remote usage of the "CPANPLUS Shell". A sample session, updating all modules on a remote machine, might look like this: CPAN Terminal> /connect --user=my_user --pass=secret localhost 1337 Connection accepted Successfully connected to 'localhost' on port '11337' Note that no output will appear until a command has completed -- this may take a while CPAN Terminal@localhost> o; i * [....] CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect CPAN Terminal> BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell, cpanp perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)