Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity IT Security RSS Cambridge Computer Laboratory security conference database Post 302274587 by Linux Bot on Thursday 8th of January 2009 01:00:06 AM
Old 01-08-2009
Cambridge Computer Laboratory security conference database

Security professionals and practitioners need to keep up skills, and expand horizons and ideas about the infosec field.  There are a few conferences that are extremely popular.  However, there are a great many that are just as good (perhaps better), although not as well known.  The University of Cambridge has developed a security conference database which mind give some pointers and help in finding new sources of knowledge and inspiration.

More...

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

security permission logging onto Oracle database

Hello, I'm trying to login to an Oracle databse without entering the user/passwd. The server resides on an AIX 5.1 system, and using LDAP. I'm entering the following command >sqlplus / @ORACLE_SID This should work but for some odd reason I get a login denied. But if I enter the user id... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ctcuser
1 Replies
UPDATEDB(1L)															      UPDATEDB(1L)

NAME
updatedb - update the slocate database SYNOPSIS
updatedb [-u] [-u path] [-e path1,path2,...] [-f fstype1,...] [-l [01] ] [-q] [-v,--verbose] [-V, --version] [-h, --help] pattern... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents slocate, a security-enhanced version of locate. updatedb is simply a link to slocate that implies the -u option. OPTIONS
-u Create slocate database starting at the root directory. This is the default behavior when called as updatedb. -U path Create slocate database starting at path path. -e dirs Exclude directories in the comma-separated list dirs from the slocate database. -f fstypes Exclude file systems in the comma-separated list dirs from the slocate database. -l <num> Security level. -l 0 turns security checks off, which will make searches faster. -l 1 turns security checks on. This is the default. -q Quiet mode; error messages are suppressed. -v Verbose mode; display files indexed when creating database --help Print a summary of the options to slocate and exit. --version Print the version number of slocate and exit. ENVIRONMENT
SEE ALSO locate(1L), UPDATEDB(1L)