Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: odd entry in /etc/fstab
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers odd entry in /etc/fstab Post 302274503 by LisaS on Wednesday 7th of January 2009 06:04:58 PM
Old 01-07-2009
odd entry in /etc/fstab

I was making text file copies of some system utility output (e.g. ioscan) and happened to look at /etc/fstab and found this:
Code:
/dev/vg02/lvol1 /prodbkup       vxfs    ioerror=mwdisable,log,nodatainlog,dev=40
020001  0       0

my other entries look like this:
Code:
/dev/vg04/lvol1 /trainbkup vxfs log,nodatainlog 0 0

I have no idea why this filesystem is different. tje ioerror=mwdisable and the dev=40020001
What does it mean and does it make sense?

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 10-21-2010 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: added code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

/etc/fstab

I've created a new drive and i've added it to my fstab file but on startup it will not mount. here is how i put it into my fstab file, is that right? /dev/hdb2 /disk2a ext3 defaults 1 2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fstab question

Folks; Please be patient with this issue when you read it. I know it's a little tricky. I have a new share created on my SUSE 10 box. I'm trying to edit the /etc/fstab file or find a way to make this share needs no authentication. The reason for that is we're using an outside application to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Using a variable in fstab

We have a load of servers which require cloning in VMWare, each of which have their own area on netapp for storage. I was trying to be a bit clever and use a variable within /etc/fstab so I dont need to edit it every time like so; netapp:/vol/vol_nfs_server/servers/`hostname | sed 's/\./ /g' |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fstab

hi , i'm creating a shell script using fstab for my project of last year, i wonder you can help me to know what is the command allow me to get the list of unmounted partitions. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux001
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

fstab question

I have created a thumbdrive with a bootable version of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, it uses Grub legacy. One of the issues I have is that everytime I boot a new system from the thumbdrive, it writes entries for the partitions in the fstab. Consequently, when I boot another system, the OS reads the fstab... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Mount /etc/fstab

Can you please help me mount below filesystem in fstab ( I have rhel 5 ) as the line is long - it is not taking as single line How can break this in 2 line and act as one ....please help ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Rc.sysinit mounts root FS then why we have entry in fstab

Hello, In linux /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit mounts root File System as RW during the booting phase. So why we have entry of it in /etc/fstab? Thanks, Nitin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nitin Pradhan
1 Replies

8. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help me, write a bash script to delete parent entry with all their child entry in LDAP UNIX server

Hi All, Please help me and guide me to write a bash/shell script on Linux box to delete parent entry with all their child entries. example: Parent is : ---------- dn: email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com, o=wipro, o=in child is: ---------- dn: cn: yogesh kumar, email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand
1 Replies

9. Linux

/etc/fstab entries

Hi, Can anyone explain why we use defaults 0 0 in fstab and what does 0 inidicate 10.250.104.50:/home/u /home/u nfs defaults 0 0 Thanks in advance Muzaffar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple "&nbsp;" entry with in <td> tag into single entry using sed?

I have the input file like this. Input file: 12.txt 1) There are one or more than one <tr> tags in same line. 2) Some tr tags may have one <td> or more tna one <td> tags within it. 3) Few <td> tags having "<td> &nbsp; </td>". Few having more than one "&nbsp;" entry in it. <tr> some td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies
GETFSENT(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       GETFSENT(3)

NAME
getfsent, getfsspec, getfsfile, getfstype, setfsent, endfsent - get file system descriptor file entry SYNOPSIS
#include <fstab.h> struct fstab *getfsent() struct fstab *getfsspec(spec) char *spec; struct fstab *getfsfile(file) char *file; struct fstab *getfstype(type) char *type; int setfsent() int endfsent() DESCRIPTION
Getfsent, getfsspec, getfstype, and getfsfile each return a pointer to an object with the following structure containing the broken-out fields of a line in the file system description file, <fstab.h>. struct fstab { char *fs_spec; char *fs_file; char *fs_type; int fs_freq; int fs_passno; }; The fields have meanings described in fstab(5). Getfsent reads the next line of the file, opening the file if necessary. Setfsent opens and rewinds the file. Endfsent closes the file. Getfsspec and getfsfile sequentially search from the beginning of the file until a matching special file name or file system file name is found, or until EOF is encountered. Getfstype does likewise, matching on the file system type field. FILES
/etc/fstab SEE ALSO
fstab(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Null pointer (0) returned on EOF or error. BUGS
All information is contained in a static area so it must be copied if it is to be saved. 4th Berkeley Distribution May 12, 1986 GETFSENT(3)