Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: packet loss problem
Special Forums IP Networking packet loss problem Post 302274422 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 7th of January 2009 02:11:28 PM
Old 01-07-2009
yes there is, it's called brain 1.0 and it's a realy usefull tool Smilie.

the nxge interfaces are sensitive and often have problems in many environments. please be sure to use the latest solaris patchcluster to have the latest nxge drivers on your system. also check for autoneg problems (are you on a cisco switch?). have a look with "dladm show-dev" to know your settings and maybe try to switch to 1000fdx fixed (ndd get/set is your friend to try this out).

hth,
DN2

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detecting data loss during FTP

Hi, How we can detect that there has been a data loss during FTP, throught Shell scripting? I have gone through FTP return codes, but, none indicate that there has been any data loss. Can we use FTP return code 226 as an indication that during file transfer there has been no data loss? If,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerbo
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Response time under packet loss

I am experiencing a problem where under a dial condition I am experiencing packet loss, which is failrly normal, but the response to the packet loss is taking bewteen 6 and 10 seconds. Could someone please advise what the industry standard is on the response time under a packet loss senario. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shane
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

packet inconsistency problem

Hello everyone, I was trying to install db2 on Ubuntu, but got messed up with manual installation and Synaptic. At the moment, I find myself with a filesystem where DB2 is NOT installed ( I removed it with a sudo rm :o ) and with Synaptic still flagging db2exc as installed. The problem is that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clalfa
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Problem Receiving the first OSPF packet

I trying to send and receive OSPF packets. I am using RAW Sockets(socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_OSPF)) to do this. I am successfully able to send an OSPF Hello packet however I am not able to receive a OSPF packet if I have not sent an OSPF packet earlier on the RAW SOCKET. Scenario: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmic_egg
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem when I try to install a wireshark packet

Hi Gurus of UNIX, I has a problem when I try to install a packet in my virtual box. (I install solaris in it) Any want can help whith it: The problem is the following # pkgadd -d wireshark-1.2.10-sol10-x86-local The following packages are available: 1 SMCwires wireshark ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Packet loss on ce interface.

Hi, I am using the ce interface on my Solaris 9 server and there is significant packet loss when transmitting large packets. Does anyone have a fix for this? ----10.1.0.0 PING Statistics---- 51 packets transmitted, 42 packets received, 17% packet loss round-trip (ms) min/avg/max =... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
12 Replies

7. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies
ndd(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   ndd(1M)

NAME
ndd - get and set driver configuration parameters SYNOPSIS
ndd [-set] driver parameter [value] DESCRIPTION
ndd gets and sets selected configuration parameters in some kernel drivers. Currently, ndd only supports the drivers that implement the TCP/IP Internet protocol family. Each driver chooses which parameters to make visible using ndd. Since these parameters are usually tightly coupled to the implementation, they are likely to change from release to release. Some parameters may be read-only. If the -set option is omitted, ndd queries the named driver, retrieves the value associated with the specified parameter, and prints it. If the -set option is given, ndd passes value, which must be specified, down to the named driver which assigns it to the named parameter. By convention, drivers that support ndd also support a special read-only parameter named ``?'' which can be used to list the parameters supported by the driver. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Getting Parameters Supported By The TCP Driver To see which parameters are supported by the TCP driver, use the following command: example% ndd /dev/tcp ? The parameter name ``?'' may need to be escaped with a backslash to prevent its being interpreted as a shell meta character. The following command sets the value of the parameter ip_forwarding in the dual stack IP driver to zero. This disables IPv4 packet forward- ing. example% ndd -set /dev/ip ip_forwarding 0 Similarly, in order to disable IPv6 packet forwarding, the value of parameter ip6_forwarding example% ndd -set /dev/ip ip6_forwarding 0 To view the current IPv4 forwarding table, use the following command: example% ndd /dev/ip ipv4_ire_status To view the current IPv6 forwarding table, use the following command: example% ndd /dev/ip ipv6_ire_status ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ioctl(2), attributes(5), arp(7P), ip(7P), ip6(7P), tcp(7P), udp(7P) NOTES
The parameters supported by each driver may change from release to release. Like programs that read /dev/kmem, user programs or shell scripts that execute ndd should be prepared for parameter names to change. The ioctl() command that ndd uses to communicate with drivers is likely to change in a future release. User programs should avoid making dependencies on it. The meanings of many ndd parameters make sense only if you understand how the driver is implemented. SunOS 5.10 8 Nov 1999 ndd(1M)