Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: why ^M in my file?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers why ^M in my file? Post 302274333 by redlotus72 on Wednesday 7th of January 2009 10:33:24 AM
Old 01-07-2009
why ^M in my file?

I have downloaded one csv file from my AIX box and edited using Text Pad, and uploaded thru SecureFX, If I see the file using vi command I can see ^M in end of the line, if open again in text pad there are lot of new lines. How to fix this issue? where is the problem? Text pad or SecureFX?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
XML::DOM::Text(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 XML::DOM::Text(3)

NAME
XML::DOM::Text - A piece of XML text in XML::DOM DESCRIPTION
XML::DOM::Text extends XML::DOM::CharacterData, which extends XML::DOM::Node. The Text interface represents the textual content (termed character data in XML) of an Element or Attr. If there is no markup inside an element's content, the text is contained in a single object implementing the Text interface that is the only child of the element. If there is markup, it is parsed into a list of elements and Text nodes that form the list of children of the element. When a document is first made available via the DOM, there is only one Text node for each block of text. Users may create adjacent Text nodes that represent the contents of a given element without any intervening markup, but should be aware that there is no way to represent the separations between these nodes in XML or HTML, so they will not (in general) persist between DOM editing sessions. The normalize() method on Element merges any such adjacent Text objects into a single node for each block of text; this is recommended before employing operations that depend on a particular document structure, such as navigation with XPointers. METHODS splitText (offset) Breaks this Text node into two Text nodes at the specified offset, keeping both in the tree as siblings. This node then only contains all the content up to the offset point. And a new Text node, which is inserted as the next sibling of this node, contains all the content at and after the offset point. Parameters: offset The offset at which to split, starting from 0. Return Value: The new Text node. DOMExceptions: o INDEX_SIZE_ERR Raised if the specified offset is negative or greater than the number of characters in data. o NO_MODIFICATION_ALLOWED_ERR Raised if this node is readonly. perl v5.12.1 2000-01-31 XML::DOM::Text(3)