Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell/Perl script to convert to Capitalize case Post 302274305 by otheus on Wednesday 7th of January 2009 08:48:05 AM
Old 01-07-2009
Um, you have to provide a filename or redirect the file into it. Also, I had forgotten an apostrophe. I corrected the post. Try it now.

Last edited by otheus; 01-07-2009 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: update after solution

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to convert to Title case

I need a shell script which will convert the given string to Title case. E.g "hi man" to "Hi man" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankarV
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert the below perl sript to shell script

perl script: my $logdir = '/smp/dyn/logfiles/fsm/mp/mp'; $logdir = $logdir ."/mp${toDate}*"; i tried to make it..as below .. but not working .. date +%m%d%y logdir = /smp/dyn/logfiles/fsm/mp/mp logdir=$logdir/mp"$date" but it was not working..... can someone please help me out in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert PERL script to SHELL script

Hi all experts, I am new to Unix. Could you please help me to convert the following PERL script to SHELL? I will appreciate. #!/bin/sh use strict; use warnings; my $robot_num = 0; my %rob_tapes; foreach (`/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -l -rn $robot_num`) { $rob_tapes{(split)} = 1; }... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ma466
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Convert Upper case to Lower case

Hi All I have a script which extracts values from a Database (A persons name) and puts it into a variable in my script IE: $NAME However the Value in the DB is all in uppercase and contains the users first name and last name EG: > echo $NAME GRAHAM BOYLE > What I need is only the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grahambo2005
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert perl code to shell script

This is about how to Monitoring folder for new files using shell script im doing a project using smsserver tools 3. i have used a perl script to handle incoming messages. the content of each message must be directed to a java program. this program generates the answer to reply to the user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: x34
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: how to convert perl script to shell script

bash$ mdb-schema x.mdb | perl -wpe 's%^DROP TABLE %DROP TABLE IF EXISTS %i; s%(Memo/Hyperlink|DateTime( \(Short\))?)%TEXT%i; s%(Boolean|Byte|Byte|Numeric|Replication ID|(\w+ )?Integer)%INTEGER%i; s%(BINARY|OLE|Unknown (+)?)%BLOB%i; s%\s*\(\d+\)\s*(,?*)$%${1}%;' | sqlite3 x.db ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jackpapa
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script to Perl

Hello,,I have a very small script that contains these lines; and it works perfectly; however I need to use Perl now as I will need to feel variables from a MySQL table into this; to it would be nice to start by converting this first... find / -perm 777 \( -type f -o -type d \) -exec ls -lid {}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to convert words to Title case

Hi :) I have a .txt file with thousands of words. I was wondering if i could use a simple sed or awk command to convert / replace all words in the text file to Title Case format ? Example: from: this is line one this is line two this is line three to desired output: This Is Line... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
8 Replies
ADSL-SETUP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     ADSL-SETUP(8)

NAME
adsl-setup - Shell script to configure Roaring Penguin PPPoE client SYNOPSIS
adsl-setup DESCRIPTION
adsl-setup is a shell script which prompts you for various pieces of information and sets up an /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 configuration script for the adsl-start, adsl-stop and adsl-connect scripts. AUTHOR
adsl-setup was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), adsl-start(8), adsl-stop(8), adsl-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), adsl-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 ADSL-SETUP(8)