Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Solaris Virtual Interface Problem in DHCP Post 302274252 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 7th of January 2009 05:31:13 AM
Old 01-07-2009
your interface bge771001 is not a virtual interface like bge1:1. bge771001 is a vlan and only vlan tagged packages (in the same vlan) are seen from your vlan interface...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX - how to create virtual interface

OS - HP-UX B.10.20 A 9000/777 Anyone know how to set up a virtual interface on HP-UX? I've looked quickly through docs.hp.com and searched this site. No luck. And my HP Guru is sleeping today. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehoghunter
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Adding virtual Interface on HP UX

Hello all, I want to add a new virtual interface on HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 box. I know that ifconfig can be used to add the Virtual interface. BUt i do not know the exact syntax. it some times gives plumb error if i try to add # ifconfig vif0 10.1.10.1 up plumb error: No such file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: supersumanth
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Traceroute on virtual interface

Hello all, I have configured a virtual interface using ifconfig on HP UX 11.11. When i try to do traceroute with -i option i get * * * from traceroute. i use $traceroute -i lan0:1 my-gateway traceroute to my-gateway (15.70.180.1), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets 1 * * * 2 * * * 30 * *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: supersumanth
2 Replies

4. Solaris

network interface problem solaris 2.5

Hi guys, Hope somebody can help me on this. I have a Sun Sparc 20 workstation and it has a boot problem. During boot, an error message " ifconfig:socket: Bad File Number" come up and the workstation hang (cannot boot). I did boot -s and checked using ifconfig -a command but i got the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kroegand
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

virtual interface

How would i create virtual interface in linux to configure more than one IP address for a physical interface? any help wll be appreciated. https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salil2012
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Connecting to DHCP network with Realtek interface

I have a Realtek 8139 interface in one of my machines and it will not connect to the network. /etc/rc.conf contains ifconfig_rl0="DHCP" and "rl0" was obtained from a dmesg. A network interface restart yields the following: # /etc/rc.d/netif restart Stopping network: lo0 rl0 fwe0 plip0. rl0: no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

7. AIX

Virtual interface on AIX

Hi, I am totally new to AIX. I would like to know how to create virtual interface on AIX machine. Thanks, Pooja (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooja84k
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

9. Ubuntu

dhcp status of an interface

hi, can anyone tell me how to check if my interface is controlled by dhcp? i tried with ifconfig command ifconfig interfacename dhcp status but its showing unknown host : dhcp error. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: v1jay
2 Replies

10. IP Networking

DHCP Server on Vxworks multi interface question

Hi, We currently operate a DHCP Server on Vxworks system. It seems that the server is functioning only over the boot interface. While trying to use it on a different interface the DHCP client messages seems to reach the interface but stay without response. From a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zohara
1 Replies