Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting to find whether update query is successfull or not using Ksh Script Post 302274163 by ali560045 on Wednesday 7th of January 2009 12:24:19 AM
Old 01-07-2009
Can you just explain me in detail as to where do i need to use that.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing result of query to a varibale in ksh script

Hi, I have a scenario where in i have to extarct max of one column and pass it to a variable. i have tried to export the result as .dat file and read from that file.But my database is mainframe and it is not permitting me to export in .dat file.I have tried using .ixf file but reading from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not successfull in cron

Hi, I have a script to FTP the files to other unit. Manually this script is running fine & files are getting transferred. But running the same script using crontab does not transfer files, although the cron log shows that the file was executed. PLz suggest (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_kmehra
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tables to query to find users for database from shell script

I am coding shell script. I need to connect to different databases like DB2, Oracle and Sybase. I would then need to query tables where it has all the groups, users for that database. I would also need who has what kind of permissions. EG: I know for DB2 some TABAUTH table needs to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit for loop in a shell script if a condition is successfull

Hi All, I am stuch in a script where a for loop is running to execute some commands for some values. Now my problem is i have to have an if condition that if the first iteration is successful then it has to exit the for loop otherwise it has to continue normally. my code is this: for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to run this script from unix but the script is not successfull

Hi I am trying to run the below unix script in informatica comamnd task the script is in placed in the path (this script checks if the files are present in other server ) ------------------------------------------------------------------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laxmi131
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling another script if it's contains SUCCESSFULL how?

Hi all, i'm a newbie here, I'm just wondering how can i call my second script if it's contain successfull. script1.sh how can i call my 2nd script if he contain SUCCESSFULL script2.sh SUCCESSFULL please advise, Thanks, (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a update query in perl script?

can any one suggest me on how to write a update query in perl script for Oracle database and also tell me abt how we can write a code for sending mails with report as attachment to appropriate persons? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ramesh V Kumar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script (ksh) - SQLPlus query filter using a string variable

Using ksh, I am using SQLPlus to execute a query with a filter using a string variable. REPO_DB=DEV1 FOLDER_NM='U_nmalencia' FOLDER_CHECK=$(sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF CONNECT user/pswd_select@${REPO_DB} set echo off heading off feedback off select subj_name from subject where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract only the data from ksh script running netezza query

Hi I searched this forum before posting the question, but couldnt find it, the issue i'm facing is, i'm trying to select a column from a netezza table from a korn shell script, but the query runs var=$(nzodbcsql -q "select MAX(millcount) from table1";) echo $var it returns the value like... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximus_jack
10 Replies
DH_INSTALLINIT(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)

NAME
dh_installinit - install init scripts and/or upstart jobs into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installinit [debhelperoptions] [--name=name] [-n] [-R] [-r] [-d] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installinit is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing init scripts with associated defaults files, as well as upstart job files into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postinst and postrm and prerm commands needed to set up the symlinks in /etc/rc*.d/ to start and stop the init scripts. FILES
debian/package.init If this exists, it is installed into etc/init.d/package in the package build directory. debian/package.default If this exists, it is installed into etc/default/package in the package build directory. debian/package.upstart If this exists, it is installed into etc/init/package.conf in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts. -o, --onlyscripts Only modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts, do not actually install any init script, default files, or upstart job. May be useful if the init script or upstart job is shipped and/or installed by upstream in a way that doesn't make it easy to let dh_installinit find it. -R, --restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the init script until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is different than the default behavior, which stops the script in the prerm, and starts it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. -r, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop init script on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the init script on install or upgrade, or stop it on removal. Only call update-rc.d. Useful for rcS scripts. -d, --remove-d Remove trailing d from the name of the package, and use the result for the filename the upstart job file is installed as in etc/init/ , and for the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d and the default file is installed as in etc/default/ . This may be useful for daemons with names ending in d. (Note: this takes precedence over the --init-script parameter described below.) -uparams --update-rcd-params=params -- params Pass params to update-rc.d(8). If not specified, defaults will be passed to update-rc.d(8). --name=name Install the init script (and default file) as well as upstart job file using the filename name instead of the default filename, which is the package name. When this parameter is used, dh_installinit looks for and installs files named debian/package.name.init, debian/package.name.default and debian/package.name.upstart instead of the usual debian/package.init, debian/package.default and debian/package.upstart. --init-script=scriptname Use scriptname as the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d/ (and also use it as the filename for the defaults file, if it is installed). If you use this parameter, dh_installinit will look to see if a file in the debian/ directory exists that looks like package.scriptname and if so will install it as the init script in preference to the files it normally installs. This parameter is deprecated, use the --name parameter instead. This parameter is incompatible with the use of upstart jobs. --error-handler=function Call the named shell function if running the init script fails. The function should be provided in the prerm and postinst scripts, before the #DEBHELPER# token. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHORS
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> Steve Langasek <steve.langasek@canonical.com> 9.20120909 2012-04-10 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)