Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tcp/ip problem
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat tcp/ip problem Post 302274159 by amar20 on Wednesday 7th of January 2009 12:03:59 AM
Old 01-07-2009
tcp/ip problem

how the data from disk is loaded into memory and then it transfered to tcp/ip packet.
how i can find how many pages are loaded into memory by that process
what is the rate of context switch for that process.

Last edited by amar20; 01-08-2009 at 06:41 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

tcp problem with port

I am trying to connect via DBACCESS and Informix server to a server on a different computer. When I execute the connect command from dbaccess I get the following message, Exec format error cannot bind a name to the port. As far as I know the port is not being used by another client. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lopez
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

IBM-AIX and TCP/IP Problem

I am having a problem and I feel it's network related. I have an RS6000 running AIX. I use a terminal emulation program that allows me to connect to my server via TCP/IP. When I try and make the connection, it takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get a login prompt on the screen. I also cannot ftp to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

WinXP and TCP/IP Problem

Hi Eveyone, I have A small problems maybe some one can help me. I'm running a small network at home with internet access. Two PC's have Win XP and one has Win98se. I have them all hook up on a SMC router. ALL windows firewall are off and and harddrive sharing is on. I am using DCHP network... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
3 Replies

4. Solaris

TCP Problem

I am running a Java Client on Solaris 9 which communicates with the Server using TCP/IP. The client transmits a FIN packet to server. The server sends a ACK, FIN enters LAST_ACK state and then waits for ACK from client. The client did not respond back leaving the server in LAST_ACK itself. Also... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: diarun
0 Replies

5. AIX

TCP/IP socket binding problem

I have what appears to be a unique socket problem, although admittedly my tcp/ip programming experience is relatively limited. I have a AIX server process using TCP/IP berkely sockets, and a Windows (C#) process. The windows process takes input from a user and sends a message to the Unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adiaconou
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcp/ip and memory problem

how the data from disk is loaded into memory and then it supplied to tcp/ip packet. how i can trace the no of pages loaded in memory by that process and rate of context switch for that process. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amar20
1 Replies

7. Programming

epoll problem with tcp connect()

I am using epoll to manage my network connections. At the client side, the idea is to send the message upon detecting the completion of connect(). I've set up the socket to be nonblocking, then after calling of connect(), I add the socket into the epoll and wait on the event to be detected from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuesday420
0 Replies

8. Programming

Problem with tcp server

Hello @ all, I hope you can give me some advice :b: I will be following code for a tcp server and doStuff () function, the clients treated. From some point, I have several identical clients (zombies, I think), the same records in the database write. Has anyone an explanation? What can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yumos
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bizzare TCP/IP problem

Hi all. I have a really really weird problem that I've been working on for days. The problem manifested as users cannot connect to our web servers via SSH when they're using our wireless network. Here's where it gets weird: - Clients from anywhere other than the wireless subnet can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pileofrogs
4 Replies

10. Programming

Problem and question with TCP

Hi guys , i write this message for a doubt, a time ago i wrote a client/server program with TCP/IP in Linux. When i tested the program flooding the server with messages of 1024 bytes (Or 1025 bytes i dont remember exactly the number but was more that 1000 bytes) in certain point a message was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kovalevski
5 Replies
dlmodinfo(3C)															     dlmodinfo(3C)

NAME
dlmodinfo() - retrieve information about a loaded module (program or shared library) SYNOPSIS
[flag]... file... [library]... uint64_t dlmodinfo(uint64_t ip_value, struct load_module_desc *desc, size_t desc_size, void *(*read_tgt_mem)(void* buffer, uint64_t ptr, size_t bufsiz, int ident), int ident_parm, uint64_t load_map_parm); Multithread Usage Thread safe in but not in DESCRIPTION
is one of a family of routines that give the user direct access to the dynamic linking facilities. retrieves information about a loaded module from a given address value. searches all currently loaded load modules looking for a load module whose address range (address range of all loaded segments) holds the given address value. The routine fills the load_module_desc with information from the matching load mod- ule. ip_value is the instruction pointer value of the requested library. If the value is NULL, then desc contains the module info of itself. desc is a buffer of memory allocated by the user program. The dynamic loader fills this in with module information. desc_size is the size in bytes of the desc buffer. read_tgt_mem is a pointer to a function used by to retrieve needed information. If the value is NULL, the dynamic loader uses its own internal data structures to find the correct load module and the following two parameters are ignored. ident_parm Is only used to pass the fourth parameter to read_tgt_mem. load_map_parm Is only used when calling through read_tgt_mem. It contains the starting address of the load map. Otherwise, the function pointer is used to read memory during its search, using these parameters: buffer a buffer supplied by to read into ptr the virtual memory address to read from bufsiz the size of buffer in bytes ident the value of the ident_parm parameter to On success, read_tgt_mem returns the value of its buffer parameter, otherwise, it returns NULL. read_tgt_mem allows to find a load module in one process on behalf of another. The calling process passes a callback via read_tgt_mem in order to read memory in a different process address space from the one in which resides. ip_value, load_map_parm, and ptr from read_tgt_mem can be pointers to objects in another process. For example, when a 32-bit program wants to enquire about a 64-bit program, the ip_value and load_map_parm should be 64-bit val- ues. Any 32-bit pointers should be typecasted to 64 bits by the user program when passed in the ip_value or load_map_parm parameters. If the calling process calls with a callback registered via read_tgt_mem, it must supply the starting address of the target process' load map in the load_map_parm parameter to This can be retrieved by using the dynamic table entry in the target program file. A cross-process load module operation can be done via for example, by issuing a call to RETURN VALUE
If successful, returns a handle for the shared library as defined by the return value from NULL is returned otherwise. The return values are type-converted to ERRORS
If fails, a subsequent call to returns one of the following values: Cannot apply relocation in library. Invalid address. Invalid descriptor argument Invalid descriptor version. Out of memory. failed in reading target memory. failed on entry to or exit from failed on exit from failed on entry to AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
System Tools exec(2) System loader. ld(1) Invokes the link editor. Miscellaneous a.out(4) Assembler, compiler, and linker output. dlclose(3C) Unloads a shared library previously loaded by dlerror(3C) Returns the last error message recorded by dlerrno(3C) Returns an error code for the last error recorded by dlget(3C) Returns information about a loaded module. dlgetname(3C) Returns the name of the storage containing a load module. dlopen(3C) Loads a shared library. dlsym(3C) Gets the address of a symbol in a shared library. Texts and Tutorials (See the option) (See manuals(5) for ordering information) ELF Applications Only dlmodinfo(3C)