Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: features of a new SHELL
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting features of a new SHELL Post 302274116 by otheus on Tuesday 6th of January 2009 05:26:19 PM
Old 01-06-2009
Error

Note -- I'm sticking this thread for a month to let people comment. If other board moderators/admins override, that's fine. I think it's useful to as many people in the community to let people comment on this one.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

V2.2.0 new features?

Neo, can you tell us about some of the new features since the upgrade, or are they mostly "behind the scenes"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PxT
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with Additional Password Features

Hello: I have a customer who is requesting the following security features on a Solaris 8 system: 1. Password history for the three previous passwords. 2. User account lockout after 3 failed login attempts. Can anyone help provide me with a solution or direction for the above? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rambo15
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX OS Features versus Solaris OS Features

Hi Unix Experts, I like to compile and compare all the features that AIX OS (541L) and Solaris OS (Solaris 10) provide. If somebody can shed on this topic would be highly appreciated. Thank you, Khan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkhan12
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Evaluate uUNIX and MSDOS shell script features

I need to select the main features of shell scripting on UNIX and evaluate their MSDOS equivalent. can anyone suggest some online resources articles anything?? Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deemon111
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell features ???

Hi Can anybody explain the following shell features with example a) Command line editing b) filename completion c) job control (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Features explanation???

HI Can anybody explain following UNIX features? Removable file system Dynamic file space allocation Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

7. Programming

Unix shell with history features like in bash

hii to all i am developing a simple unix shell in c i want to add history feature in that how could i do that plz help if there is any tutorial or website plz put it here history feature should be like that in bash, when press up key show the previous command typed in console plz be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipin_jss
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

useradd - shell missing features after adding user

Hi, I need to create a user from a bash script so i have to use useradd. The problem is that when i create a user with: useradd -d /home/sample -m sample after i login with that user I have no history in bash, path do not appears, i can't use arrows and so on. When I use adduser everything is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktm
5 Replies
PPI::Token::Comment(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    PPI::Token::Comment(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Comment - A comment in Perl source code INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Comment isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element SYNOPSIS
# This is a PPI::Token::Comment print "Hello World!"; # So it this $string =~ s/ foo # This, unfortunately, is not :( bar /w; DESCRIPTION
In PPI, comments are represented by "PPI::Token::Comment" objects. These come in two flavours, line comment and inline comments. A "line comment" is a comment that stands on its own line. These comments hold their own newline and whitespace (both leading and trailing) as part of the one "PPI::Token::Comment" object. An inline comment is a comment that appears after some code, and continues to the end of the line. This does not include whitespace, and the terminating newlines is considered a separate PPI::Token::Whitespace token. This is largely a convenience, simplifying a lot of normal code relating to the common things people do with comments. Most commonly, it means when you "prune" or "delete" a comment, a line comment disappears taking the entire line with it, and an inline comment is removed from the inside of the line, allowing the newline to drop back onto the end of the code, as you would expect. It also means you can move comments around in blocks much more easily. For now, this is a suitably handy way to do things. However, I do reserve the right to change my mind on this one if it gets dangerously anachronistic somewhere down the line. METHODS
Only very limited methods are available, beyond those provided by our parent PPI::Token and PPI::Element classes. line The "line" accessor returns true if the "PPI::Token::Comment" is a line comment, or false if it is an inline comment. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::Comment(3)