Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting log file when the script fails ! Post 302273854 by ali560045 on Tuesday 6th of January 2009 02:02:11 AM
Old 01-06-2009
Thanks . But what if suppose after select statement i m updating using that value and if update fails how to get that in log file.

Basically how to show in the log file that the given SQL query has really worked successfully or not .......

Last edited by ali560045; 01-06-2009 at 03:42 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script fails

Hi, I am trying to install a package on solaris and one of the packaging scripts fail unexpectedly. There is a script called "checkinstall" which checks for the /opt space and aborts the installation if /opt is less than 100MB. In my case, even if /opt has enoguh space, the script fails. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JStone
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

why script fails sometime?

Hi, I am trying to run a shell script on solaris,some time it works fine and some times it fails unexpectedly. There is a script called "autostart.sh" which automatically starts the Application server but some times the script fails to strat the application server. can anyone tell me what... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahir23
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

when a process fails to write to /dev/log

Hi , when a process fails to write to /dev/log ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Script fails when generated output file reaches a particular size

Hi All, New to unix. Here is the problem. Running a script that extracts data from hyperion essbase and generates a file in unix. This script fails most of the times with a very low success rate. The data has increased a lot in the last few months resulting in the file being more than 2 gb. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noufalshaw
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script even if the first script fails

All, I executing a perl script and shell script from a master shell script. i will execute the perl script first and have to execute the shell script after the completion of perl execution. Below is the code i use for it, script_root='/dev/scripts' /usr/bin/perl -S $script_root/test.pl;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Script fails to transmit the file

I have written a Unix Script to automate the process of File transfer from Our server to vendor Server but the automation Script fail when Progress meter is around 65-70% Complete. Why is this haapening? See the Log File Contenet: spawn sftp -o IdentityFile=/home/lawsched/ah_rsa XXX@YYY.com... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahesh Gajapath
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File check script fails for multiple files

I want to check if any file with testing*.txt exists but my script fails if more than 1 file exists. It works fine for a single file if then echo "TEST21" fi -------------- bash: How do I fix this? Thanks Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumang24
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setuid not working in Linux as script fails to write to file.

Hi, I have the following 3 test files to test setuid bit which if it works I would like to implement in our application. However setuid doesnot seem to be having any impact on my test below.Following are the 3 files of interest in /tmp/ folder. $ ls -ltr *env* -rw------- 1 g332008 users 6... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
23 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script fails when run as file

The following bash script fails with error message: "./phpquery_KNBB_html_reader.sh: line 65: syntax error near unexpected token `done'" when do ./<scriptname> in the shell. However when I copy-paste the entire contents of the file directly into a shell environment it runs ok returning the intended... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BurritoSolution
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Except script fails to check file exists or not in remote node

Dear members, The following expect script connects to remote node and check for the file "authorized_keys" in directory /root/.ssh in remote node. However the result is always found even if the file exist or doesn't exist. expect { "$fname" { send_user "found\n" } Any idea what is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
4 Replies
PDO.EXEC(3)								 1							       PDO.EXEC(3)

PDO
::exec - Execute an SQL statement and return the number of affected rows SYNOPSIS
public int PDO::exec (string $statement) DESCRIPTION
PDO.exec(3) executes an SQL statement in a single function call, returning the number of rows affected by the statement. PDO.exec(3) does not return results from a SELECT statement. For a SELECT statement that you only need to issue once during your program, consider issuing PDO.query(3). For a statement that you need to issue multiple times, prepare a PDOStatement object with PDO.prepare(3) and issue the statement with PDOStatement.execute(3). PARAMETERS
o $statement - The SQL statement to prepare and execute. Data inside the query should be properly escaped. RETURN VALUES
PDO.exec(3) returns the number of rows that were modified or deleted by the SQL statement you issued. If no rows were affected, PDO.exec(3) returns 0. Warning This function may return Boolean FALSE, but may also return a non-Boolean value which evaluates to FALSE. Please read the section on Booleans for more information. Use the === operator for testing the return value of this function. The following example incorrectly relies on the return value of PDO.exec(3), wherein a statement that affected 0 rows results in a call to die(3): <?php $db->exec() or die(print_r($db->errorInfo(), true)); ?> EXAMPLES
Example #1 Issuing a DELETE statement Count the number of rows deleted by a DELETE statement with no WHERE clause. <?php $dbh = new PDO('odbc:sample', 'db2inst1', 'ibmdb2'); /* Delete all rows from the FRUIT table */ $count = $dbh->exec("DELETE FROM fruit WHERE colour = 'red'"); /* Return number of rows that were deleted */ print("Deleted $count rows. "); ?> The above example will output: Deleted 1 rows. SEE ALSO
PDO.prepare(3), PDO.query(3), PDOStatement.execute(3). PHP Documentation Group PDO.EXEC(3)