Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can you migrate UFS to ZFS ?
Operating Systems Solaris Can you migrate UFS to ZFS ? Post 302273774 by reborg on Monday 5th of January 2009 08:04:58 PM
Old 01-05-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie_velvet
FYI
UFS-> ZFS is on the Roadmap
ms.s
No it isn't. Migrating from root on UFS to root on ZFS is but conversion of existing filesystems is not.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

ZFS / UFS / Soft Updates / GJurnal / Bonnie Performance

I have done some tests with UFS/ZFS under bonnie benchmark. here are the results if you are interested. software: OS: FreeBSD 7-CURRENT 200708 snapshot benchmark: bonnie -s 2048 CFLAGS: -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -s CPUTYPE: athlon-mp scheduler: ULE hardware: CPU: (single) Athlon... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vermaden
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing ZFS on an existing Solaris 10 install (UFS)

Hello, I am new to Solaris so i apologize upfront if my questions seem trivial. I am trying to install a ZFS file system on a Solaris 10 machine with UFS already installed on it. I want to run: # zpool create pool_zfs c0t0d0 then: # zfs create pool_zfs/fs My question is more to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdef
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Allocating space to ufs /usr by using ZFS in solaris

Hi, Im currently having my diskspace allocation of my UFS filesystem in solris as 100% for /usr directory.I have created a zfs pool of 3 gb.I want to allocate space from my zfs pool to /usr so that i can free space in /usr.Please help me it is quiet urgent. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotmannan
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Convert root UFS to ZFS on x86 solaris 10/09

Hello All, Good Morning, We are trying to convert the UFS root in to ZFS. Am getting below error. Any one help me out on this ? bash-3.00# zpool list NAME SIZE USED AVAIL CAP HEALTH ALTROOT guru 5.95G 483M 5.48G 7% ONLINE - bash-3.00# zpool create rpool c2t10d0p0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Mount ufs in ZFS system

Hi..I have installed Solaris 5.10 update 9 with ZFS system with RAID1. It is to be integrated with SAN which is UFS and . It is getting mounted but when i am rebooting server,it is getting removed from system. Pls let me know what all step need to follow for this. Thanks !! (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: deljatt
15 Replies
acl_check(3SEC) 				       File Access Control Library Functions					   acl_check(3SEC)

NAME
acl_check - check the validity of an ACL SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lsec [ library... ] #include <sys/acl.h> int acl_check(acl_t *aclp, int isdir); DESCRIPTION
The acl_check() function checks the validity of an ACL pointed to by aclp. The isdir argument checks the validity of an ACL that will be applied to a directory. The ACL can be either a POSIX draft ACL as supported by UFS or NFSv4 ACL as supported by ZFS or NFSV4. When the function verifies a POSIX draft ACL, the rules followed are described in aclcheck(3SEC). For NFSv4 ACL, the ACL is verified against the following rules: o The inheritance flags are valid. o The ACL must have at least one ACL entry and no more than {MAX_ACL_ENTRIES}. o The permission field contains only supported permissions. o The entry type is valid. o The flag fields contain only valid flags as supported by NFSv4/ZFS. If any of the above rules are violated, the function fails with errno set to EINVAL. RETURN VALUES
If the ACL is valid, acl_check() returns 0. Otherwise errno is set to EINVAL and the return value is set to one of the following: EACL_INHERIT_ERROR There are invalid inheritance flags specified. EACL_FLAGS_ERROR There are invalid flags specified on the ACL that don't map to supported flags in NFSV4/ZFS ACL model. EACL_ENTRY_ERROR The ACL contains an unknown value in the type field. EACL_MEM_ERROR The system cannot allocate any memory. EACL_INHERIT_NOTDIR Inheritance flags are only allowed for ACLs on directories. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
acl(2), aclcheck(3SEC), aclsort(3SEC), acl(5), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Apr 2008 acl_check(3SEC)