Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users secure file transfer with public key Post 302273756 by Padow on Monday 5th of January 2009 05:41:04 PM
Old 01-05-2009
Essentially the same thing. gpg is GNU freeware, where pgp is Pretty Good Privacy which is a premium application.
Padow

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH - Public key

When should one have to generate a public key on a Server when the public key is already created and used by other clients? Thanks, Rahul. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
6 Replies

2. AIX

How to use SSH Secure File Transfer tool from windows to AIX without password?

If I use SSh Secure File Transfer tool on Windows, I want to transfer file from windows to AIX without password, how to do it? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
6 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Secure File Transfer for Mainframe systems

Hi guys, I would like to transfer files from UNIX machine to Mainframe system (using UNIX machine as client). The transfer process needs to be secure (i.e. data sent thro network should be encrypted using 128-bit encryption algorithm). I came to know that SFTP server is not available for Mainframe... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydneymoon
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about secure file transfer

Hi all, I am running a large scale business and some time I have to transfer large and very important data files to my business partner. I fear about my data because there are many of my business competitors who will definitely try to steal my important data. So there is huge amount of risk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: camden
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Secure File Transfer Protocol

Hi, Is there any protocol other than SFTP to transfer the file using secured connection SSH. ? Regards, Arthik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arthikbabu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

secure upload using public key

Hi, i was provided with 1. Server IP (Remote) 2. Username and Password (worked when tested basic FTP) 3. Their Public key (GnuPG v1.0.6) They refuse when i upload using basic FTP and insists for encryption. I have Solaris 10 and Linux in my environment. How can i encrypt and upload... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VSFTPD Public Key Help

Hi all Ive setup a VSFTPD server and im forcing SSL encryption. I have made a key and it works perfectly. I have a client who wants to connect but is using software that needs the key to be added before he can connect. Does he need me to send the key i created and that the VSFTPD.conf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
0 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Central Location for all ssh Keys and Settings Unattended Secure File Transfer

I am developing an application that submits command line file transfers using ssh (Sun to Sun) and Tectia ssh (Sun to Windows Server) embedded in the code. Potentially many different trusted people will start the programs. Is there a way to have all the settings and keys localized so that there is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PowersThatB
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 8 ssh public key authentication issue - Server refused our key

Hi, I've used the following way to set ssh public key authentication and it is working fine on Solaris 10, RedHat Linux and SuSE Linux servers without any problem. But I got error 'Server refused our key' on Solaris 8 system. Solaris 8 uses SSH2 too. Why? Please help. Thanks. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Secure Copy - File Transfer between 2 server

Using RCP command we can transfer file from one server to another server. While transferring we can rename the file also e.g. File name = FILE123.txt (lying on Source server = oldserver) Target Server Name = newyour Renamed File = FILE456.txt rcp FILE123.txt newyour:./FILE456.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pash
1 Replies
BACKUP-MANAGER-UPLOAD(8)				       backup-manager-upload					  BACKUP-MANAGER-UPLOAD(8)

NAME
backup-manager-upload - Multiprotocol uploader for backup-manager. SYNOPSIS
backup-manager-upload [options] date DESCRIPTION
backup-manager-upload will upload all the archives generated on the given date to the specified host with either ftp or scp. It's also possible to use this program for uploading data to an Amazon S3 account. Some metadates are available like "today" or "yesterday". REQUIRED ARGS
--mode=transfer-mode Select the transfer mode to use : ftp, scp, or s3. --host=hostname1,hostname2,...,hostnameN Select a list of remote hosts to connect to. --user=username Select the user to use for connection. OPTIONAL ARGS
--password=password Select the ftp user's password (only needed for ftp transfers). --key=path_to_private_key Select the ssh private key file to use when opening the ssh session for scp transfer. Obviously, this is only needed for scp transfer mode. If you don't specify a key file, the user's default private key will be used. --directory=directory Select the location on the remote host where files will be uploaded. Default is /backup/uploads. --bucket=bucket Sets the bucket name for the Amazon S3 service backup into. --root=directory Select the local directory where files are. Default is /var/archives --gpg-recipient=gpg-recipient Select the gpg public key for encryptiong the archives when uploading with the method ssh-gpg. This can be a short or long key id or a descriptive name. The precise syntax is described in the gpg man page. --list Just list the files to upload. --ftp-purge Purge the remote directory before uploading files in FTP mode. --s3-purge Purge the remote directory before uploading files in FTP mode. --ssh-purge Purge the remote directory before uploading files in SSH mode. --verbose Flag to enable verbose mode. date Date pattern to select some files to upload, can be a valid date (YYYYMMDD) or 'today' or 'yesterday'. ERROR CODES
If something goes wrong during an upload, backup-manager-upload will exit with a non null value. In such a case every error messages are sent to STDERR. Here are the possible error codes: bad command line (wrong arguments) : 10 FTP transfer failure : 20 SCP transfer failure : 21 S3 transfer failure : 22 Unknown upload method: 23 SEE ALSO
backup-manager(3) AUTHORS
Alexis Sukrieh - main code and design Brad Dixon - Amazon S3 upload method Jan Metzger - ssh-gpg upload method perl v5.14.2 2012-05-09 BACKUP-MANAGER-UPLOAD(8)