Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ls hangs on a directory
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat ls hangs on a directory Post 302273730 by wazzu62 on Monday 5th of January 2009 03:47:46 PM
Old 01-05-2009
ls hangs on a directory

Running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga) 2.6.18-53.el5

Trying to do an 'ls' of a sub-directory and the prompt never returns. Same problem running a find command as well.

I have done an fsck on the file system (no problems) and can view other sub-directories on this file system.

I can run an strace ls or and ltrace ls and get a response.

I suspect there are too many files in the sub-directory but could use some help.

thanks,

Jon

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Hangs!

Hi, I have script which is based on TCL and expect. It is written to test my code. It usually runs fine for a while and hangs after sometime. Code snippet set l_temp_timeout $timeout OUTPUT_LOG2 2 >>>$expect_out(buffer)<<< OUTPUT_LOG2 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveenpn
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Explorer hangs

Hi Guys, Anyone encontered a problem where when you run your SUN explorer, it hangs at sysconfig? I am having this problem for some of my servers. rgds, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH hangs

Hi all, At a little bit of loss here. I have a Linux box (Redhat Enterprise 4) that has been working flawlessly for a while, that is until late Tuesday when none of the users could ssh into it. The machine is in a DMZ over which I have no control of the network settings. Here is the debug output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP HANGS

Hi , we are writing a shell script to test connection of our destination servers and facing an issue if the destination server doesnt respond. we are using the following command., sftp -B /dev/fd/0 <host@servername> << EOF >> file.txt quit EOF --------- The above command hangs for 20min and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP. ls and get hangs.

Hello I have a sftp problem. If I do sftp between some nodes that we installed it works fine i can list directories and get files. If I connect with sftp from the other side of a firewall (wich has port 22 open) I can log in and cd to which ever direcory i want i can do pwd but when i do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vettec3
4 Replies

6. Hardware

HP DL160G6 hangs

Hi I have HP DL160G6 with SLES10SP3 x64. It hangs without any errors in the logs. My hardware is: description: Rack Mount Chassis product: ProLiant DL160 G6 vendor: HP serial: ******** width: 32 bits capabilities: smbios-2.5 dmi-2.5 configuration:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dailyadm
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Xrdp hangs

Hi, I'm trying to get xrdp to work. I installed xrdp 0.5.0 from EPEL and the Desktop group. Now I can connect to the server with rdesktop, but I can't do any input... there is an authentication window asking the root password "to set the network proxy used for downloading packages" and I can't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FrankVanDamme
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

SFTP hangs

Ok sftp connects but hangs after I enter the password manually The ssh version is 1.0 bash-2.05$ ssh -V SSH Version Sun_SSH_1.0, protocol versions 1.5/2.0. When I go from solaris 9 to sftp to another server with latest proftpd version it hangs after the password. proftpd -V Compile-time... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slufoot80
6 Replies

9. IP Networking

Ftp hangs

On Oracle Linux 5, 64 bit (derivative of RHEL) ... I have a shell script that runs every Sunday, that ftp's a bunch of files from server 'prod' to server 'test'. Script executes on 'test'. This has been running for YEARS with no problem. Normally the FTP step takes about 1.5 to 2 hours. (pulls... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
8 Replies

10. Programming

Program Hangs

I have two programs, DriverScale.c and scale9.c. DriverScale.c calls scale 9.c which sends a W and a carraige return to the scale which SHOULD return the weight to DriverScale. However scale 9 hangs for at least 10 min, and then finally returns the weight. Compilation: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
8 Replies
fsck_cachefs(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  fsck_cachefs(1M)

NAME
fsck_cachefs - check integrity of data cached with CacheFS SYNOPSIS
fsck -F cachefs [-m] [-o noclean] cache_directory DESCRIPTION
The CacheFS version of the fsck command checks the integrity of a cache directory.This utility corrects any CacheFS problems it finds by default. There is no interactive mode. The most likely invocation of fsck for CacheFS file systems is at boot time from an entry in the /etc/vfstab file. See vfstab(4). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -m Check, but do not repair. -o noclean Force a check on the cache even if there is no reason to suspect there is a problem. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using fsck_cachefs to Force a Check on the Cache Directory The following example forces a check on the cache directory /cache3: example% fsck -F cachefs -o noclean /cache3 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cfsadmin(1M), fsck(1M), mount_cachefs(1M), vfstab(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2002 fsck_cachefs(1M)