Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C++ Help
Top Forums Programming C++ Help Post 302273713 by Corona688 on Monday 5th of January 2009 02:49:46 PM
Old 01-05-2009
I'm thinking the issue is this:
Code:
while(game ==1)
{ 
  cout << "Player 1 Your Turn Please Enter Which Cell You Would Like" << endl;
  cin >> row >> column;
}

It will repeat these two lines over and over, never doing anything else, since that's how while works -- it repeats what's inside it until its condition becomes false. I suspect you've put your while() loop in the wrong place, if you want it to print the game board every time you take a turn it needs to surround that part too. At the bottom, when you detect a game over condition, you should set game to zero so the loop finishes.

Summarize(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Summarize(3pm)

NAME
XMLTV::Summarize - Perl extension to summarize XMLTV data SYNOPSIS
# First get some data from the XMLTV module, eg: use XMLTV; my $data = XMLTV::parsefile('tv_sorted.xml'); my ($encoding, $credits, $ch, $progs) = @$data; # Now turn the sorted programmes into a printable summary. use XMLTV::Summarize qw(summarize); foreach (summarize($ch, $progs)) { if (not ref) { print " Day: $_ "; } else { my ($start, $stop, $title, $sub_title, $channel) = @$_; print "programme starts at $start, "; print "stops at $stop, " if defined $stop; print "has title $title "; print "and episode title $sub_title" if defined $sub_title; print ", on channel $channel. "; } } DESCRIPTION
This module processes programme and channel data from the XMLTV module to help produce a human-readable summary or TV guide. It takes care of choosing the correct language (based on the LANG environment variable) and of looking up the name of channels from their id. There is one public routine, "summarize()". This takes (references to) a channels hash and a programmes list, the same format as those returned by the XMLTV module. It returns a list of 'summary' elements where each element is a list of five items: start time, stop time, title, 'sub-title', and channel name. The stop time and sub-title may be undef. The times are formatted as hh:mm, with a timezone appended when the timezone changes in the middle of listings. For the titles and channel name, the shortest string that is in an acceptable language is chosen. The list of acceptable languages normally contains just one element, taken from LANG, but you can set it manually as @XMLTV::Summarize::PREF_LANGS if wished. AUTHOR
Ed Avis, ed@membled.com SEE ALSO
XMLTV(1). perl v5.14.2 2004-01-03 Summarize(3pm)