Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problems with If
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers problems with If Post 302273655 by Gayucvns on Monday 5th of January 2009 12:03:24 PM
Old 01-05-2009
Hi,

Pls remove space while assigning value to variable. And try the same.

Hope this should work. Also pls post the error msg what you are getting.

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

'make' problems (compliation problems?)

I'm trying to compile and install both most recent version of 'make' and the most recent version of 'openssh' on my Sparc20. I've run into the following problems... and I don't know what they mean. Can someone please help me resolve these issues? I'm using the 'make' version that was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Few problems

Hi how can i do this? 1) shell script which writes data and time on to a file if filesystem exceeds 70% of space. 2) make entry to cron table to run a script every 15 mins. and can anyone expplain or demonstrate the difference between variables used in inside a function and outside a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems with Last

Hi, I,ve a Unixware 7.1.3 working correctly for two years ago, since a several weeks I've a problem with the command last . The information that this command return is : For example : 1.- The user root , time login : 12:15 h, time logoff 12:15 h (the real time is 14:00). Connected time is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: By_Jam
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with using less

Hello, I am having problems with using less on Linux version 2.6.18-92.1.17.el5 (brewbuilder@hs20-bc1-7.build.redhat.com) (gcc version 4.1.2 20071124 (Red Hat 4.1.2-42)). I am using csh but have the same problems on bash. If I pipe something to less it works perfectly i.e. cat file | less... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with $?

Hello, I have the following piece of code that tries to retrieve the result of a .sh: . $HOME/prueba/Scripts/Recogida/recogida_sedra.sh resultado=$? echo "el resultado es : $resultado" if ; then echo "Se va a preprocesar los archivos" In the code of recogida.sh I have the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: danietepa
8 Replies

6. SuSE

Problems!!

good friends I am new to linux and I have the following TELNET service problem entering data devo telnet to a Windows server 2003 server and passes will not let me since the move to this server by telnet tells me the characters and thus invalidates me income, I have a service application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pepetico
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with IF Else ??!!

I have written the following code in cygwin to create directories in windows based on the parameter passed. echo $1 > fullpath path1=`awk -F / '{print $1}' $fullpath path2=`awk -F / '{print $2}' $fullpath if then if then if then continue ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: janardhanamk
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If/then problems

#! /bin/bash # ask what the user would like to do CMD=$CMD MBA=$MB RS=$RS CT=$CT echo echo -n "What would you like to do?? REMEMBER WHEN PROGRAMMING ICP's TO SELECT CORRECT COMMAND ACCORDING TO NECCESSARY TYPE CODE! Please enter a command ct = program ctek ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdalyman
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

About ps -ef and if-else problems

I'm new in Shell Programming and Scripting, I would like to ask some questions. ps -ef | grep $appNAme | grep -v grep <-- what will it return when it find a process is running? return 1 or 0 if then exit 1 <--- if = 0 , run this ? else continue <--- if = 1 , run this ?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LoAlex
5 Replies
package-cleanup(1)														package-cleanup(1)

NAME
package-cleanup - clean up locally installed, duplicate, or orphaned packages SYNOPSIS
package-cleanup [options] <item ...> DESCRIPTION
package-cleanup is a program for cleaning up the locally-installed RPMs. GENERAL OPTIONS
-c <config file> Use alternative config file (default is /etc/yum.conf). -h, --help Help; display a help message and then quit. -q, --quiet Print out nothing unnecessary. -v, --version Report program version and exit. -y Agree to anything asked. --leaves List leaf nodes in the local RPM database. Leaf nodes are RPMs that are not relied upon by any other RPM. --orphans List installed packages which are not available from currently configured repositories. This is identical to "yum list extras", which may provide better output. --oldkernels Remove old kernel and kernel-devel packages. --problems List dependency problems in the local RPM database. If any problems are found it will exit with an exit code of 1. --dupes Scan for duplicates in the local RPM database. --cleandupes Scan for duplicates in the local RPM database and clean out the older versions. --count <COUNT> Number of duplicate/kernel packages to keep on the system (default 2) LEAVES OPTIONS
--all When listing leaf nodes also list leaf nodes that are not libraries. --leaf-regex A package name that matches this regular expression will be considered a leaf. --exclude-devel When listing leaf nodes do not list development packages. --exclude-bin When listing leaf nodes do not list packages with files in bin directories. OLDKERNELS OPTIONS
--keepdevel Do not remove kernel-devel packages when removing kernels EXAMPLES
List all dependency problems: package-cleanup --problems List all packages that are not in any Yum repository: package-cleanup --orphans Remove old kernels keeping 3 and leaving old kernel-devel packages installed: package-cleanup --oldkernels --count=3 --keepdevel List all leaf packages with no files in a bin directory whose name begins with either 'perl' or 'python': package-cleanup --leaves --exclude-bin --leaf-regex="^(perl)|(python)" FILES
As package-cleanup uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. Gijs Hollestelle 03 November 2005 package-cleanup(1)