Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Renaming file in Recursive folders Post 302273624 by bobbygsk on Monday 5th of January 2009 10:45:27 AM
Old 01-05-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon
That will change what is displayed to the screen, but doesnt actually rename any actual files.

Thanks for pointing out.
How do I actually rename it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming folders

Hello, I'm new to unix and I have to rename all folder fron the current folder from a name like "xx - Name of the Folder" to "Name of the Folder - xx". xx is a number ... Can somebody, please, help? Thank you! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirciulicai
6 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Recursive file processing

I'm developing a generic script to catenate all files found in a given directory. The problem I've got is that the depth of the given directory is unknown, so I end up with some catenated directories. My unix isn't that hot and I'm at a loss. Heres an extract from the script cd $1 for i in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_mufasa
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive Replication of Unix folders to Windows

Requirements: ftp files recursively from unix to windows. Replicate directory paths on unix (source) to windows (destination) and place files in their respective folders. There are no set number of files per directory nor fix number of dirA or dirB etc.... Source OS: Solaris... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursive saving of files and folders

Hi all I have a bash script, that loops through a folders files and all subfolders for .shtml files. It looks for a string and replaces it, creating a backup of the original file. This all works great, but I'd like, when the backup is done, that the files are then also created in their... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrid
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming folders all at a time

I have a set of folders like Jan1st, Jan2nd, Jan3rd... and so on. I need to rename them to Jan1st2010,Jan2nd2010 .... and so on at one shot. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive file processing from a path and printing output in a file

Hi All, The script below read the path and searches for the directories/subdirectories and for the files. If files are found in the sub directories then read the content of the all files and put the content in csv(comma delimted) format and the call the write to xml function to write the std... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive File Renaming & Natural Sorting (Bash)

NB! I have already started a thread on this subject on ComputerHope (with the thread title "Recursive File Renaming & Logical Sorting"). However, on ComputerHope they are perhaps more specialized in Windows Command Prompt, and not that much in shell scripts for Bash (I guess). I have a bulk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JewzeyfGhewbelz
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Recursive copy of Folders with files

Dear All, I will appreciate any help received. Our system is running on hpux v1 My problem is as follows: We have many customer folders with name fd000100, fd000101 and so on e.g. (Testrun)(testsqa):/>ll /TESTrun/fd000100 total 48 drwxrwx--- 2 fq000100 test 96 Jun 27 2004... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhbd
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive delete in a file using a set of values in other file

Hi, I have got a file with 6K records and I want to delete 500 records from this file which match the values present in another file. Format of the both the files is different. Example : File 1 record CCCCCC 11292562ABCDEF MBR/PSF6/108100502/BEN01XXX XXX Example : File 2 record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nikhath
1 Replies
THUNAR(1)																 THUNAR(1)

NAME
Thunar - File Manager for the Xfce Desktop Environment SYNOPSIS
Thunar [options] [[URI]...] Thunar [options] --bulk-rename [[URI]...] Thunar [options] --quit DESCRIPTION
Thunar is a fast and easy to use file manager for the Xfce Desktop Environment. It has been designed from the ground up to be lighweight with special focus on usability. Its user interface is clean and intuitive, and does not include any confusing or useless options. INVOCATION
Thunar takes a list of URIs for folders that should be opened in new file manager windows or files that should be run using the default application for their types. The URIs may be specified as either file: or trash: URIs, absolute paths or paths relative to the current directory from which Thunar is being invoked. If no URIs are specified, the current folder will be opened in a new file manager window. When the --bulk-rename option is specified no file managers windows will be opened, but instead the URIs will be passed to the bulk renamer. The bulk renamer allows to rename several files or folders at once using different renamer modules. Options -?, --help Print brief help and exit. -v, --version Print version information and exit. -B, --bulk-rename Open the URIs in a standalone window of the bulk renamer. --daemon Do not terminate the Thunar instance when the last window is closed, but keep it running to speed up opening new windows later on. This is the default when spawning Thunar as part of the default Xfce session or when using D-Bus activation. --display=DISPLAY Use the specified X DISPLAY for the user interface. -q, --quit Terminate any Thunar instance running in the background (spawned using the --daemon option). This command should be used whenever Thunar is upgraded to a new version to ensure that no old instance is reused. AUTHOR
Thunar was written by Benedikt Meurer <benny@xfce.org>. This manual page was written by Benedikt Meurer <benny@xfce.org>. 10/29/2008 THUNAR(1)