Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Source Env file in the Shell Script Post 302273360 by methyl on Sunday 4th of January 2009 10:22:40 AM
Old 01-04-2009
(Assuming that script.env can be found in the current PATH with . script.env).
Sounds like the script.env needs export statements for each environment variable.

MY_VARIABLE="my_value" ; export MY_VARIABLE
Or in some shells just:
export MY_VARIABLE="my_value"

An example would help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run cmds after changing to a new env (shell) in a shell script

Hi, I am using HP-UNIX. I have a requirement as below I have to change env twice like: cadenv <env> cadenv <env> ccm start -d /dbpath ccm tar -xvf *.tar ccm rcv .... mv *.tar BACKUP but after I do the first cadenv <env> , I am unable to execute any of the later commands . ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlei
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tidy shell script source file

Hi all, Is there a tool to tidy up shell script source file and reformat it. Preferably I am looking for a perfect tool to do this. Also I have heard it is possible to do with emacs editor but unfortunately it is looking very different and new from vi. Emacs is new to me and I could not find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meharo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to reuse a shell script to change env from perl

Hi: I am trying to reuse an existing shell script foo1.csh to set environment variables inside a perl script and its childern processes. Is it possible at all to make those environment variables persistent in the main perl process and its children processes? Do I have to create a new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil518
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set/Export Env Vars from with Shell Script With Input Variable

I have a shell script I want to run that will set environment variables based on the value of an input variable submitted when the shell script is called. For example: $ mgenv.sh prod This would set environment variables for prod $ mgenv.sh test This would set environment variables... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brtaylor73
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem in Unix Env. in Shell script

sdir;csp os_lib-0.5.24;bdir;cbpdob ---enable-useosstl os_lib-0.5.24;mbp os_lib-0.5.24; If i run this command in unix shell directly it is running. sdir;csp HA_util-0.0.7;bdir;cbpdob ---enable-useosstl HA_util-0.0.7;mbp HA_util-0.0.7; HA_util === Configuring source package HA_util... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh env setting using shell script

Hi All, I have made a file file usercreate.sh & it has to run in tcsh env & needs some path to be set. my script is as below. ########################## #!/bin/csh setenv PATH "/usr/lib/java/class" setenv LD_LIBRARAY_PATH ########################### but when i am ruuning my script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set/get shell env variable in python script

greetings, i have a sh script that calls a python script. the sh script sets an env variable BIN: export BIN=bin64i need to get that BIN variable's value and use it within this python script. anyone know how to do this? thanx in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a shell script to extract the files from source file and check whether those files existonserve

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.Please help me on this.I am using solaris 10 OS and shell i am using is # echo $0 -sh My requirement is i have source file say makefile.I need to extract files with extensions (.c |.cxx |.h |.hxx |.sc) from the makefile.after doing so i need to check whether... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Setting Env Variables

Hello All. Good Afternoon. I need one small help regarding setting of env variables for a particular host by getting it from the DB. For ex : 1. I am using LOCALHOST. 2. When I run a ./hostset.sh it should pick up the Oracle home details from associated DB and set it. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PavanPatil
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Comment code blocks in a bash source file

Just began to learn on Shell Script. I got an exercise from my friend. I know how to make this happen in C, but I'm not familiar with Shell Script. Hope I can get some help from all of you. I want to write a bash script to comment code blocks in a bash source file. What I mean comment is '#', I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HiFuture0801
1 Replies
tcp-env(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   tcp-env(1)

NAME
tcp-env - set up TCP-related environment variables SYNOPSIS
tcp-env [ -rR ] [ -ttimeout ] program [ arg ... ] DESCRIPTION
The input for tcp-env must be a TCP connection. tcp-env finds out information about that connection, puts the information into several environment variables as described in tcp-environ(5), and runs program with the given arguments. Usually tcp-env is run from inetd. It might instead be run from another server that already sets up the right environment variables; if PROTO is set to TCP when tcp-env is invoked, tcp-env assumes that all the other variables are set up properly, and it does not check whether the input is a TCP connection. OPTIONS
-r (Default.) Attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -R Do not attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -ttimeout Give up on the TCPREMOTEINFO connection attempt after timeout seconds. Default: 30. SEE ALSO
tcp-environ(5), inetd(8) tcp-env(1)