Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pop3
Special Forums IP Networking Pop3 Post 302273189 by Lazydog on Friday 2nd of January 2009 11:56:24 PM
Old 01-03-2009
I would use the firewall route. Simple and fast.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pop3 service- howto?

Hello , I have this RH6.2 box with sendmail8.9.3-20 (configured and running properly ) I have also (procmail3.14-2 , fetchmail5.3.1-1 ) installed but I don't know about them. (( all installed as rpm packages)) okay ,,, here what I need: I need to be able to use OUTLOOK or any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: t_zone
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pop3

hello dear friends I configured my dns in solaris 8 X86 pc and my sendmail, but i only can send email. i don't can receive email...... i saw inetd.conf and don't have the line of pop3. how can i add the line?and what the command? Thanks friends (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: themask
8 Replies

3. Linux

pop3

Hi Can anybody help me for configuring pop3 mail account i linux i m using linux enterprise 3. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naik_mit
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Pop3 server problem

hi frnds Unable to connect to POP server mit.com. Error sending password: -ERR Bad login i m getting this problem in Ximain .I m using Redhat Enterprise 3. mit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naik_mit
1 Replies

5. Linux

pop3 and imap problem

Hi all I have a Redhat 8 box running sendmail-8.12.8-9.80. I use both imap and pop3 for clients to donwlaod mails. imap is used by some application related stuff. The users use opp3 to download their mails. The problem started a yesterday when 1 user complained that he was not able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

fetchmail with pop3

once i used kmail (or sometimes outlook express) for my e-mail client. i had no problem with that. now being with unix console, i want to retrieve pop3 mails, using fetchmail. (where i can browse my mailbox(es) later) and it seems something i'm missing or do not understand. assuming my e-mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaguar
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

POP3 and AIX

Here is my situation: I have an old AIX box(AIX 4.3.3) that runs an application absolutely crucial to the company. I am trying to set up one of my client machines (Windows 2000, Outlook Express) as a POP3 client. I cannot get the download to occur, so I look up the error code that Outlook... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jody
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to check POP3 email

Hey there! I have this problem: i'm in need to check the subject from e-mails from some generic account. This subjects are used as parameters for some program. The thing is, i can do the second, but not the first. I don't know how to handle POP3 accounts from shell. Is there an application that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghorkov
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Mail server using POP3

Hi, I am trying to set up a mail server on Redhat9. I have read about POP3 and have decided to use that. However, I am unable to configure the files properly. Can anyone tell me how to configure POP3? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shakshakshuk
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Downloading emails with POP3 protocol

Hello everyone! I just starting to learn unix so I really need your help. I need to download emails using pop3 protocol. What I am searching is if it is possible to downlaod email without using fetchmail or getmail. I am searching for alternatives. So any help or hint will be usefull... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akyloji
2 Replies