Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting prefix suffix to each argument Post 302273100 by tostay2003 on Friday 2nd of January 2009 04:39:01 PM
Old 01-02-2009
prefix suffix to each argument

Hi,

I have a variable, which contains comma separated values. Something like.

Code:
StringA="abc,def,ghi,jkl"

I want to apply prefix and suffix to each value in the string without using any loops.

Say if Prefix is Pre_ and Suffix is _Suf then I need to get

Code:
StringA="Pre_abc_Suf,Pre_def_Suf,Pre_ghi_Suf,Pre_jkl_Suf"

How can I achieve this without loops.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the last argument in a argument line?

How to find the last argument in a argument line? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehagupta2008
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get positive number n as argument script must calculate the factorial of its argument

Can someone please help me with this SHELL script? I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must calculate the factorial of its argument. In other words, it must calculate n!=1x2x3x...xn. Note that 0!=1. Here is a start but I have no clue how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arguments and suffix name

While calling shell script i need to use prefix . Any idea? Ex: myscript.sh -parameter1 "AA;BB" -parameter2 "DD;E" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnjx
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace prefix and suffix of a string

Hi, I'm new about shell scripting, and I need to do something like abcd **1234** efgh by abcd '''1234''' efgh I know that command sed helps about change one string by another, but I dont know how to keep whatever is inside **_** and replace * with '. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvaya
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot compare argument in if statement in csh/grep command if argument starts with “-“

If ($argv == “-debug”) then Echo “in loop” Endif But this is not working. If I modify this code and remove “-“, then it works. Similarly I am getting problem using grep command also Grep “-debug” Filename Can someone please help me on how to resolve these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error:--test: argument expected--Even though i give an argument.

Hi All, I am running the script VBoxManage list vms |sed 's/"//g' | cut -d " " -f1 > har1out.mytxt result=`cat har1out.mytxt | grep $1' echo $result echo $1 { if then echo pass else echo fail fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha85
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK adding prefix/suffix to list of strings

75 103 131 133 138 183 197 221 232 234 248 256 286 342 368 389 463 499 524 538 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Prefix/Suffix on same file

Hi, I want to add prefix and suffix on line# 205 using SED or AWK and want to change on the same file without creating new file. This command will be used in the bash script Am using Bash shell Regards Nayaj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nayaj
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Uniq prefix from a start and end prefix

Dear All, assume i have a file with content: <Start>6000</Start> <Stop>7599</Stop> the output is: 6000 7000 7100 7200 7300 7400 7599 how should we use any awk, sed, perl can do this task, means to extract the uniq prefixes from the start and stop prefix. Thanks Jimmy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)