Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find files older then today & display with timestamp info Post 302273078 by kedar.mehta on Friday 2nd of January 2009 02:21:02 PM
Old 01-02-2009
Thanks, man..

One surprising thing,

Both of command below returns me the same set of result.
  • find /mrk/ftp/incoming/gbs -type f -mtime +0 -ls
  • find /mrk/ftp/incoming/gbs -type f -mtime +1 -ls
Where as,
find /mrk/ftp/incoming/gbs -type f -mtime 0 -ls
returns results of previsous day.

Consider today is 2nd jan, then it shows all only results of 1st Jan .. !!

Last edited by kedar.mehta; 02-19-2009 at 05:11 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find today's files & send to another server?

Hi All, My script has to find todays modified( less than 24 hrs) files & send it another server using SCP. what I wrote is find . -type f -mtime -1 | xargs ls -ltr ## to find today's files, but its giving my sh_history file also, I don't require this file at all. scp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zinu
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 20 days & not use find

I need to find files that have the ending of .out and that are older than 20 days. However, I cannot use find as I do not want to search in the directories that are underneath the directory that I am searching in. How can this be done?? Find returns files that I do not want. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halo98
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display the files in a folder which are older than 1 hour

Hi, I have some files in a folder with different time stamps and I want to display the files which are older than 1 hour. i tried with find. need urgent help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vgs
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

display the files in a folder which are older than 1 hour

Hi, I have some files in a folder with different time stamps and I want to display the files which are older than 1 hour. i tried with find. need urgent help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vgs
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting all the files modified today & store the names in a variable as , separated

Hi all, I have a question. I have a folder. I want to find the list of files that are modified today and store all those file names in a variable as comma separated values. I thought of using "find . -mtime 0" command to find the list of files modified today. Also to get those values of file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than today

is it -mtime +1 as i need all files older than today to be deleted (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display files based on particular file timestamp

Hi, I have requirement to list out files that are created after particular file. ex. I have below files in my directory. I want to display files created after /dirdat/CG1/cg004440 file. ./dirdat/CG1/cg004438 09/07/14 0:44:05 ./dirdat/CG1/cg004439 09/07/14 6:01:48 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when connecting to remote server to find files with timestamp today's day

I am connecting to remote server and try to check if files with timestamp as Today's day are on the directory. Below is my code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly; Today=`date +%Y%m%d`; if ;then echo "We... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files from only today

This finds files from yesterday and today. I need it to find only files from today. sudo find /home/andy -iname "*.sh" -mtime -1 -print (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
8 Replies
File::Listing(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  File::Listing(3)

NAME
parse_dir - parse directory listing SYNOPSIS
use File::Listing; for (parse_dir(`ls -l`)) { ($name, $type, $size, $mtime, $mode) = @$_; next if $type ne 'f'; # plain file #... } # directory listing can also be read from a file open(LISTING, "zcat ls-lR.gz|"); $dir = parse_dir(*LISTING, '+0000'); DESCRIPTION
The parse_dir() routine can be used to parse directory listings. Currently it only understand Unix 'ls -l' and 'ls -lR' format. It should eventually be able to most things you might get back from a ftp server file listing (LIST command), i.e. VMS listings, NT listings, DOS listings,... The first parameter to parse_dir() is the directory listing to parse. It can be a scalar, a reference to an array of directory lines or a glob representing a filehandle to read the directory listing from. The second parameter is the time zone to use when parsing time stamps in the listing. If this value is undefined, then the local time zone is assumed. The third parameter is the type of listing to assume. The values will be strings like 'unix', 'vms', 'dos'. Currently only 'unix' is implemented and this is also the default value. Ideally, the listing type should be determined automatically. The fourth parameter specifies how unparseable lines should be treated. Values can be 'ignore', 'warn' or a code reference. Warn means that the perl warn() function will be called. If a code reference is passed, then this routine will be called and the return value from it will be incorporated in the listing. The default is 'ignore'. Only the first parameter is mandatory. The return value from parse_dir() is a list of directory entries. In a scalar context the return value is a reference to the list. The directory entries are represented by an array consisting of [ $filename, $filetype, $filesize, $filetime, $filemode ]. The $filetype value is one of the letters 'f', 'd', 'l' or '?'. The $filetime value is the seconds since Jan 1, 1970. The $filemode is a bitmask like the mode returned by stat(). CREDITS
Based on lsparse.pl (from Lee McLoughlin's ftp mirror package) and Net::FTP's parse_dir (Graham Barr). libwww-perl-5.65 1999-03-20 File::Listing(3)