Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk, shell script reverse engineering app generator - project Post 302273061 by darius2 on Friday 2nd of January 2009 01:04:12 PM
Old 01-02-2009
awk, shell script reverse engineering app generator - project

Hi,

this is fantastic forum for shell programming and scripting,
so please let me to introduce you with my very old concept to
have web form/s with radio, select, input fields
and have an application generating valid, syntax error free scripting code.

The same or alike questions are asked over and over again, so
one question generates one or more valid code answer.

Basing on top-down program solving, programming, any complicated computational problem can be divided into a number of basic problem and so on, down to the bottom.

As the problem has been already solved in html/www environment, providing wysiwyg html applications,
please tell me how to start building such valid script code generator from the scratch.

Basing on some experience in gps navigation systems,

I started testing many many gps navigation applications.
Acquired about 10 gps devices, usb gps, Bluetooth gps, Ps2 gps, agps in my Motorola A1000, in Nokia Tablet and more.

Ok.
First step is gps device
I connected bluetooth dongle to Linux server,
connected BT gps device to it
learned how to read NMEA sentences
learned basics of awk to process NMEA sentences

Now I can try to extract data fields of interest to me from NMEA stream.

Next step is to process such data and build basic graphical interface (no maps) to view data on-line.

Such basic application/ script under Linux is dialog for its simplicity.

Ok.
I have gps + gps data processed, dialog viewer, what can I do next.

Next step is map viewer + POI database + mysql server, routes, routing algorithm implemented, ..

But basics is exactly shell script app generator.
One good idea is to build web form for the modification of examples shell scripts to fit our needs.

So reverse engineering comes into my mind.

Shell script parser, syntax resolver, debugger,.

Another nice solution is to build pipelines made of objects (ocx like)
and have visualization tool - pipes to have objects connected.

Is anything of this kind already available ?

Foundation for this project are libraries of shell script examples with good description - HowItWorks.

Happy New Year

BTW
Human shell script app generators already live on this nice forum.

Darius

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse search in awk script

Hi, I am new to awk. Actually I want to search a pattern A, when I get that line with pattern A then for one of the field of that line again I want search on that field (say pattern B)from start of the file. I am using awk. Is nested searching possible in awk? Please do the needful as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: id4forum
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse ':' separated numbers in a shell script

I want to reverse a the following: 00:11:22:33:44:55 I currently use something like below to pass it as is. But now I want the same script to reverse the above and pass it to ethtool. // psuedo code i=0 skip=0 for m in $@ do if then skip=1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhanu.nani
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse script usage -Awk

Is it possible to convert EXONtoBED (Output to input)? 1. BEDtoExon.sh ------------------- awk '{ n11 = split($11, t11, ",") n12 = split($12, t12, ",") for (i = 0; ++i < n11;) { s12 = $2 + t12 print $1, s12, s12 + t11, i”E_”$4 } }' $1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Legacy Ultra60 with Solaris 5.7 SCSI device reverse engineering

I'm looking for help with a legacy system. I have some obsolete equipment connected to an Ultra 60 running Solaris 5.7 with the binary for a 32 bit driver. The driver is rejected by newer versions of solaris, which run 64 bit kernels. I hope to reverse engineer the driver so that I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: obsoleteStuff
0 Replies

5. Linux

Kind of reverse engineering

Hi everyone, I'm a linux novice , in a training purpose i have to reconstruct under windows an application running under fedora 14, the application communicates with an STB device through RS232 in a first time and then through ethernet for firmware loading purpose. All what i know is how to run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nidal
2 Replies
SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool						SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-path - GNU shtool command dealing with shell path variables SYNOPSIS
shtool path [-s|--suppress] [-r|--reverse] [-d|--dirname] [-b|--basename] [-m|--magic] [-p|--path path] str [str ...] DESCRIPTION
This command deals with shell $PATH variables. It can find a program through one or more filenames given by one or more str arguments. It prints the absolute filesystem path to the program displayed on "stdout" plus an exit code of 0 if it was really found. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -s, --suppress Supress output. Useful to only test whether a program exists with the help of the return code. -r, --reverse Transform a forward path to a subdirectory into a reverse path. -d, --dirname Output the directory name of str. -b, --basename Output the base name of str. -m, --magic Enable advanced magic search for ""perl"" and ""cpp"". -p, --path path Search in path. Default is to search in $PATH. EXAMPLE
# shell script awk=`shtool path -p "${PATH}:." gawk nawk awk` perl=`shtool path -m perl` cpp=`shtool path -m cpp` revpath=`shtool path -r path/to/subdir` HISTORY
The GNU shtool path command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1998 for Apache. It was later taken over into GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), which(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)