Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Restart script based on MD5sum Post 302273033 by JerryHone on Friday 2nd of January 2009 10:26:31 AM
Old 01-02-2009
Also, you may want to use...

if [ "$chksum1" = "$chksum2" ]

for correctness and also to protect against embedded spaces in chksum1 and 2.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restart Script

Hi, I am writing a script and need to goto the start of the script if an incorrect command is wrongly entered what can i do. Andy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chapmana
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any Restart Script?

Hi, I would like to check if there's any sample of restart script for my AIX server. I'm planning to restart it every month. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ademah
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

restart process based on file

Hi all. I do have a script "startApp.sh" (app result is a file /opt/extract/appextract.txt) I have no problems with stopping app var1=`ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep MyApp | awk '{print $2}'` kill -9 $var1 What I want to achieve is: I start app, app is doing some extraction, after... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: e-l-diablo
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to restart a script?

Hello, I created a shell script in /etc/init.d and it already runs at boot. However I cannot figure out how to make it run just like typing "scrip_name start" I can run it like this ./script_name but since I am doing remote log in whenever I log off the script stops and I also don't want to run... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kizofilax
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check MD5SUM on file

Hi, I currently have a shell script that takes an RPM and scp's it to a set of remote servers and installs it. What I would like to be able to do is make the script get the md5sum of the RPM locally (so get the md5sum of the rpm from where im running the script) and then scp the rpm to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tb1986
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using md5sum to name file based on URL

I am trying to download a file and make the filename of the file be the md5sum of the URL. I know to use wgets to download the file but I do not know how to do the rest...any help would be appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: The undertaker
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Md5sum script

Hello, I need to download multiple files from an FTP server but occasionally they arrive in error so I need to perform an integrity check. I've been attempting to write a bash script that does the following: Downloads all files including those in sub directories Perform md5sum using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a script to copy files not seen before (using md5sum)

Hello, I would like to make a script that searches through a SRC folder and copies only files it's never seen before to a DEST folder. SRC = /user/.phonesync/photos-backup DST = /usr/.phonesync/photos-new So basically, I'd start with a: md5sum /user/.phonesync/photos-backup/* >... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
29 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[md5sum] script

I am getting No such file or directory if my variable contains white spaces... Is there a way to fix this? This works x="1.md5" md5sum -c "$x" This, does not x="23\ 5\ 6\ 7\ 8\ 9\ 10.md5" md5sum -c "$x" md5sum: '23\ 5\ 6\ 7\ 8\ 9\ 10.md5': No such file or directory How do I fix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soichiro
1 Replies
build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)				      General Commands Manual					 build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)

NAME
build-lives-rfx-plugin - builds rendered effects for LiVES SYNOPSIS
build-lives-rfx-plugin script_name [plugin_dir] -get section file DESCRIPTION
This perl script is used by LiVES to compile an RFX (rendered effect) plugin for LiVES. It is generally called from build-lives-rfx-plugin- multi for a script which has a language code representing LiVES-perl. The script_name must be the full (absolute) path to the plugin script, and plugin_dir can be used to specify the output directory where the compiled plugin should be generated. If plugin_dir is not defined then /tmp is assumed. The second variant with -get is used to print out a script section from a plugin script to stdout. It is generally only used internally by LiVES. Return values The script returns the following values 0 - success 1 - the value of a trigger was greater than the number of parameters 2 - a value could not be read from the script file 3 - the language code of the plugin script was not equivalent to LiVES-perl 4 - the API version level of the plugin script was invalid 5 - the <define> section was missing from the plugin script SEE ALSO
build-lives-rfx-plugin-multi(1), lives(1) AUTHOR
Gabriel Finch a.k.a Salsaman (salsaman@xs4all.nl) May 9 2010 build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)