Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to know the size of the program currently executing in memory Post 302272978 by Sun Fire on Friday 2nd of January 2009 07:21:00 AM
Old 01-02-2009
I'm not expert in performance analysis, but take a look at this article, it might help:

Topping top in Solaris with prstat

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

executing a program within a program

Read the title: how do i do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gekko
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing the su command from a java program.

Say in unix (AIX) m/c, I am logged in with s1 user and want to start process p1 with user credentials of s2. I can do manually in this way: #su - s2 #enter password for s2> somePassword $ p1 But all this I have to do through a java program. How to pass the password through program. One... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shailendrat
1 Replies

3. Programming

after executing execvp()... program hangs up

Hi , I m actually trying to implement pipes program,but after executing the execvp(),my program is getting hanged up :mad: Actaully i m getting the desired output expected from execvp()...but once results are displayed on the output screen ,program is getting hanged up values of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crab
3 Replies

4. Programming

Trubble in executing the cpp program...

I wrote a code like this....... #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <mysql.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdlib.h> using namespace std; #include "Connection.h" int main() { char *Host = (char *)"localhost"; char *Database =(char *)"sachin"; char... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ps_sach
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a Java Program

I am entirely new to shell scripting and would like to create a script to execute a java program called Main. I've already compiled it and placed the .java and .class files at /root/javaTest. Next I made a shell script that simply contained: java /root/javaTest/Main . I made the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hypnotic_meat
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Out of Memory error when free memory size is large

I was running a program and it stopped and showed "Out of Memory!". at that time, the RAM used by this process is around 4G and the free memory size of the machine is around 30G. Does anybody know what maybe the reason? this program is written with Perl. the OS of the machine is Solaris U8. And I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lilili07
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing WIN32OLE program

Hello, Please help me out to execute this perl program: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Win32::OLE qw(in with); use Win32::OLE::Const 'Microsoft Excel'; $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3; # die on errors... # get already active Excel application or open new my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing a different program

What system calls or commands do I need to use in order to execute a different program from an already running process? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justOne21
1 Replies

9. Programming

Error in executing the C program

Hello Friends, I have written a code for the unisex bathroom which makes a policy that when a woman is in the bathroom only other women may enter, but not men, and vice versa. This program consists of four functions which a user defines but these functions are not properly working while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Tej
4 Replies

10. Programming

Size of memory used by a program

Hello, Here is a portion of my code: a=(int *) malloc(dim*dim*sizeof(int)); b=(int *) malloc(dim*dim*sizeof(int)); c=(int *) malloc(dim*dim*sizeof(int)); for(i=0;i<dim;i++) for(j=0;j<dim;j++) c= rand(); for(i=0;i<dim;i++) for(j=0;j<dim;j++) b=rand(); ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
6 Replies
snscan,v0.3.8(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  snscan,v0.3.8(8)

NAME
snscan - display information on articles in the spool sncat - display articles in the spool sncancel - cancel articles in the spool SYNOPSIS
snscan [options] articlespec... sncat [options] articlespec... sncancel [options] articlespec... options: [-n] [-s since] [-o outputfile] DESCRIPTION
snscan displays information on all articles specified by articlespec, in the form newsgroup serial id on a line, one line per article matched. This output is suitable for feeding to snprimedb. sncat displays the articles specified by articlespec. sncancel marks articles specified by articlespec as canceled, so they become unavailable to sn programs. ARGUMENTS
articlespec defines a broad pattern for articles. It takes two mutually exclusive forms. Specify by newsgroup and serial number Here articlespec is newsgroup[:range[,range]...] where each range is serial[-[toserial]] (where toserial is greater than serial). If toserial is omitted, then all articles after serial are matched. If both serial and toserial are empty, then only the first and last articles are matched. Specify by articles message ID Here articlespec is -i id... where each id is a message ID, angle brackets optional. OPTIONS
-n This option weeds out articles that are aliases. If an article is crossposted, there will be an original copy, the others will be aliases to it. This option prevents information being displayed if it is not from the original copy. -ssince This option weeds out articles that were obtained before since. since is in the format year/month/day[:hour:minute] where each is a number. year may be 2 or 4 digits, and / and : can be any non-digit character. -ooutputfile Write output to outputfile instead of descriptor 1. Sometimes you just don't feel like using the shell. EXAMPLES
sncancel linux.lemmings:12 Cancel article 12 from linux.lemmings. snscan linux.lemmings:4,12- Display information on article 4, and also articles 12 to the most recent article, from linux.lemmings. sncat -n -s 1998/4/1 linux.lemmings Display all articles that are not aliases, and which were entered after April 1 1998, from linux.lemmings. snscan -i '123@myhost' Display information on the article whose ID is <123@myhost>, in whichever newsgroup it is found. FILES
Each articlespec or id on the command line refers to articles in the news spool located in /var/spool/sn. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
SNROOT If this is set and is not empty, the value is used in place of /var/spool/sn, the default news spool directory. EXIT CODES
snscan exits 0 on success, 1 on usage error, 2 on system error, and 3 on other errors. It is not an error to specify an article that does not exist, or which does not meet the since criterion. SEE ALSO
snprimedb(8) N.B. Harold Tay snscan,v0.3.8(8)