Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in sed command (adding a blank line btw each block generated by pattern) Post 302272908 by reborg on Thursday 1st of January 2009 09:18:26 PM
Old 01-01-2009
Somthing like this should work:
Code:
sed -e '/exec sql/,/;/!d' -e '/;/G'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

adding a new line using sed command

I need to find text "A" and replace it with A B. The issue is that I need a new line between A and B. \n does not do the work. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivesia
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - adding a new line after pattern

Hi, In files, I have a field Date Of Birth (DOB). After that line I need to add Date of Joining (DOJ) DOB:19-Apr-1981 needs to become DOB:19-Apr-1981 DOJ:20-Jun-2005 What can be a sed/perl line that can do it for me. Please note that DOB/DOJ I have in variables I am doing in a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagercyber
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sed: adding a line after each search block

Hi friends, I have written script that will search & display the block of sql statement. Since there are many blocks of sql statement i am finding it difficult to distinguish between them. The below is the sed command & its result exec sql abc abc abc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - adding blank line after each Range Match

the following range matching works great but i wish to add a blank line after each range result set... which i've tried and researched to no avail MY INPUT DATA: CURRENT CODE I'M USING: sed -n '/*$/,/;/p' $INPUT_FILE RESULTS I'M GETTING: RESULT I looking to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmauer
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting blank line and row containing certain words in single sed command

Hi Is it possible to do the following in a single command /usr/xpg4/bin/sed -e '/rows selected/d' /aemu/CALLAUTO/callauto.txt > /aemu/CALLAUTO/callautonew.txt /usr/xpg4/bin/sed -e '/^$/d' /aemu/CALLAUTO/callautonew.txt > /aemu/CALLAUTO/callauto_new.txt exit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fill the empty line by adding line before blank line

FIle A "A" 2 aa 34 3 ac 5 cd "B" 3 hu 67 4 fg 5 gy output shud be A"" 2 aa 34 "A" 3 ac 34 "A" 5 cd 34 "B" 3 hu 67 "B" 4 fg 67 "B" 5 gy 67 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed adding a blank line

I use the following as part of a script to correct for a faulty hostname file. # get the domain name read -r thehostname < /etc/hostname dom="$(echo $thehostname | cut -d'.' -f2)" numchar=${#dom} if then echo "It appears as though the hostname is not correctly set." echo "Hostname has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bugeye
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a pattern in a file with a generated number using sed or awk

my file has thousands of line but let me show what i want to achieve... here is one line from that file cat fileName.txt (2,'','user3002,user3003','USER_DATA_SINGLE',1,0,0,'BACKUP',2,NULL,0,450,NULL,NULL,'','2011-05-10... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed: Adding new line after matching pattern

Hi I just wanted to add a new line after every matching pattern: The method doing this doesn't matter, however, I have been using sed and this is what I tried doing, knowing that I am a bit off: sed 'Wf a\'/n'/g' Basically, I want to add a new line after occurrence of Wf. After the line Wf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies
DH-EXEC-INSTALL(1)						      dh-exec							DH-EXEC-INSTALL(1)

NAME
dh-exec-install - Install (and possibly rename) files. SYNOPSIS
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec debian/default.conf => /etc/my-package/start.conf usr/bin/* DESCRIPTION
Being a sub-command of dh-exec(1), this program must not be ran directly, but through dh-exec, which automatically runs all available sub-commands if run bare; or explicitly with dh-exec --with=install. It is meant to be used for dh_install(1) files, and those alone. If it finds that its input is not such a file, it will do nothing, but echo back the contents. The purpose of the program is to extend dh_install(1)'s functionality, by allowing to specify a destination filename. This can be accomplished by a special syntax: the " => " mark between a source and a destination means that the source file should be installed with the specified destination name. For obvious reasons, the source must not be a wildcard, and the destination in this case must be a file, and not a directory. All other non-comment lines are left alone. RESTRICTIONS
Due to the way executable scripts are called from debhelper(1), there is no way to know what options were used for the original dh_install(1). This means, that the --sourcedir option of dh_install(1) will not work correctly when dh-exec-install is in use. IMPLEMENTATION
Internally, the renaming happens by creating a temporary directory under debian/tmp/, and copying (or moving, if the source was under debian/tmp/ to begin with) the file there, with the new name. This is done this way to allow dh_install(1) to do the real copying, and allow its options to continue working, even when renaming is involved. The temporary directory is put under debian/tmp so that it will be cleaned by dh_prep(1) when the clean target gets to run. Thus, no extra code is needed anywhere to clean up the renamed files. ENVIRONMENT
DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR Indicates which directory the command-specific scripts should be sought for. If not specified, scripts will be searched for in /usr/share/dh-exec/. FILES
$DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR/dh-exec-install-* The various scripts for the higher-level program. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1), dh-exec(1), dh_install(1) AUTHOR
dh-exec-install is copyright (C) 2011-2012 by Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>. 2012-05-03 DH-EXEC-INSTALL(1)