Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Wireless and Sound Problems with HP Pavilion dv7 and Fedora Core 10 Post 302272887 by reborg on Thursday 1st of January 2009 04:18:47 PM
Old 01-01-2009
Can you bring up an wireless connection manually with iwconfig?

For sound, you could try the following in /etc/modprode.d/sound (or whatever filename is appropriate on fedora)
Code:
options snd slots=snd-hda-intel
options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=1 model=hp-m4
alias snd-card-1 snd-hda-intel

then run
Code:
update-modules -f

You can run a command line speaker test with
Code:
speaker-test -Dplug:front -c2 -l5 -twav

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problems with sound card on FreeBSD 4.5

Hi,friends!!! I have a problem with my integrated sound card AC97 on i815 and my version of FreeBSD is 4.5.I know that there is a driver for it called ich.c.gz,but the site containing it is unavaliable now.And is there another driver or some other ideas ? z-z-z-z-z :: email removed :: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kruch
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sound Problems

Hi All I am having difficulty configuring sound on my system an wonder if anyone can help me. xmms refuses to play telling me that oss_open(): Failed to open audio device (/dev/sound/dsp): No such file or directory what I have done to try and fix this is 1. create /dev/sound/dsp ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux xmms sound problems

Dear all, I have been using suse linux for as long as I can remember. However, for every installation I get the same problem. Once the installation is completed, and all of my devices (brand new hardware, from reknown brands) are detected, I decide to start doing some work, and play some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bionicfysh
2 Replies

4. Linux

Using Fedora Core 2

I've been using FC2, but my sound card doesn't work I'm new with linux systems.. but there says that needs to recompile kernel how can i do it with a kernel 2.6.5 i386 ? by the way,. my sound card chipset is an ESS 1869F, with a compaq deskpro Smal Form Factor. but i have not found a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quake
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Fedora Core 2 Problems

I am very new at learning Linux/Unix so please bear with me. I am taking a Unix course and I had to install Fedora Core 2 on my laptop PC using Microsoft Virtual PC software. After installing the virtual PC software, I installed the fedora cd's that came with the course. My problem is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newby
0 Replies

6. Linux

No Sound [Sigmatel C-Major Audio] :: Fedora 7

I've been fighting for a few days now with trying to get my soundcard to recognize. I am currently using a Latitude D630 with Sigmatel C-Major Audio using the Intel ICH8 Family. My problem appears to be that the computer cannot detect a sound card but it was only able to install default drivers... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: grid-lyn
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having wireless Internet problems

I feel like the true definition of a newb but I guess you gotta start somewhere. I installed Gentoo on my laptop yesterday, it's a gnome based environment and I cannot get any wireless internet. The iwconfig and net-setup commands are not being recognized. I'm not sure what the problem is, I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessparkscars
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Sound Problems

My sound is messed up. All I get is white noise when I try to watch Youtube or something. I'm running Solaris 10 SPARC on a Sun Ultra 5, which has a built-in speaker. How do I fix it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
4 Replies

9. Linux

Enabling/Configuring the Wireless on Fedora 9

Hi All, I have dula OS on my system. With Windows and Linux(FC9). On Windows wireless setting works fine with wireless enabled. Have installed Linux recently. Wireless is enabled, but i am not sure how to configure or make settings. My laptop is Compaq and OS is FC9. Please can anybody help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakash.kudreka
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Wireless stopped working- Fedora 12

I installed F12 around the time it was released and it picked up my wireless card and worked like a charm.....Suddenly last week everything stopped working and I receive what appears to be a driver error when wlan0 tries to load. Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) : SET failed on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: woodson2
1 Replies
PKGENPACK(1)							  [FIXME: manual]						      PKGENPACK(1)

NAME
pkgenpack - PackageKit Pack Generator SYNOPSIS
pkgenpack [--help] [--verbose] [--with-package-list] [--output] [--package] [--updates] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pkgenpack command. pkgenpack is the command line client for PackageKit for creating service packs. WHAT IS A SERVICE PACK
? A service pack is a tarball which contains a set of packages and their dependencies. The user can reduce the dependencies to be packed using the --with-package-list option. Along with the dependencies, a service pack has a file named metadata.conf which contains the information about the distribution and creation date of the pack. CREATING A SERVICE PACK
? A service pack is created using the command pkgenpack. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --help Show summary of options. --verbose Show extra debugging information. --with-package-list Set the filename of dependencies to be excluded. Generally, the file list of packages is generated when doing a PackageKit refresh on the target system. If not specified, pkgenpack uses /var/lib/PackageKit/system.package-list by default. --output The directory to put the pack file, or the current directory if omitted. --package The package to be put into the ServicePack. --update Put all updates available in the ServicePack. NAMING A SERVICE PACK
The only valid extension for a service pack is ".servicepack". EXAMPLES
1. Tim is facing problems with his Internet connection at home. He needs a service pack with valgrind and it's dependencies for his system. He asks James to generate a pack for him. Both know James's system should contain similar packages as Tim's system, as both of them have installed Fedora 9 two days ago. James simply runs: [james@jamesbook:~]$ pkgenpack --output=/media/USB/TimPacks --package=valgrind This generates a file /media/USB/TimPacks/valgrind-fedora-9-i686.servicepack on the USB key Tim gave to James. Tim can now go home, insert the USB key and double clicks on the valgrind-fedora-9-i686.servicepack file to be prompted to install these packages. 2. Bill wants to create a service pack named kdegames-fedora-9-i686.servicepack for his new system which does not have an internet connection. He generates a list of packages on his system using pkcon list-create and copies that list to his USB key. He then gives that USB to Rishi who has a good internet connectivity. Rishi runs the following command on his system: [rishi@devils-temple:~]$ pkgenpack --with-package-list=/media/USB/bill.package-list --output=/home/rishi/Desktop --program=kdegames This generates a service pack, kdegames-fedora-9-i686.servicepack, on Rishi's Desktop, which can be distributed to Bill and users with similar requirements. INSTALLING A SERVICE PACK
Service Packs can be installed using pkcon. For example: [hacker@tim-lounge:~]$ pkcon install /media/USB/TimPacks/valgrind-fedora-9-i686.servicepack SEE ALSO
pkmon (1). pkcon(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Shishir Goel crazyontheedge@gmail.com and Richard Hughes richard@hughsie.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Shishir Goel [FIXME: source] 31 July,2008 PKGENPACK(1)